Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

NEED SERT MAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:11 PM
1radtoy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED SERT MAP

i have a 2007 Softail Deluxe. I have addedSEAC, Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered and SERT. I installed the pipes and had the dealer do the rest. At first I had mild popping on decel. It has since gotten worse. Took the bike back to the dealer and had it dyno tuned. Unfortunately this did nothing but cost me money.. I spoke to the service manager and he said it was the best he can do. So no more dealer visits. I dont think I am the only one with this combo so i figured someone on here can help. If not would anyone know whoin South Florida, preferrably in The Broward Palm Beach, can help. I dont want to dowload anything onto my ecm and screw things up. I can follow directions but i am not good with diagnostics. Thanks for any help

2nd question. when you buy a SERT are the cable extra or should they come with the kit

Thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NEED SERT MAP

rad:

Here's a Florida Tuner that also contributes here on the Forum:

HDMD TUNING CENTER
352-242-9616
hdmd88@yahoo.com

Do a search for Doc 1.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
flhtc07ok
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One answer and two questions:

First, the answer - No, cables do not come with the SERT. They can be had, either from a dealer (part numbers are in the Screamin' Eagle stand-alone catalog) or on eBay, for somewhere around $20 to $30 depending on where you get them (there should be two, computer to interface box and interface box to plug on bike).

Next, the questions - 1.Did you get a copy of YOUR map - the map the dyno tech developed for your bike? 2. A dyno tune, since you already owned the SERT, is a service (the result of which is the map and that belongs to you). If no other parts were purchased and installed on your bike, then you can ask for a refund if they don't provide you the map. If you paid by credit card, after you request the map, and if you are denied, take it up with the credit card company and try for adispute with refund.

BTW, if running poorly now, dumping a base map for your bike into the ECM won't hurt anything. The base maps are better than a dealer installed Stage I download and if the tech did nothing but screw things up, a base map may actually improve the situation. But that will be your call based on your level of frustration.

Note: You can not extract the map from the ECM that the tech loaded during the dyno. But with a copy of the map, either a print-out of the tables or on a diskette, you can tell if he even did anything by printing-out all of the tables and comparing them with the base map for your set-up. This part will only satisfy your curiousity, but if you get your money back, that's the best of all.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 PM
1radtoy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i have is a copy of the dyno tune. Tells you the hp and tq the bike develops. I am do for a 5kservice real soon. I will be taking the bike to another harley dealer only because of warranty. Its the only reason i took it the dealer to begin with. I figure they would know what they are doing. Maybe im wrong, but i would sure like it to stop popping. ITS ANNOYING