Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Adding A Tach

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Malibyte
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adding A Tach

Murph: The link still works, and I've printed it out. Thanks VERY much for the info! This should be relatively painless.

Bob

ORIGINAL: murphdog

Malibyte, the 03 Dynas still had the pink tach signal wire under the dash. It's bundled up in the wire harness under there, it was easy to find on mine...the pink wire goes to the yellow tach wire. \\\\\\;You can also get +12 volts and ground under the dash. If I remember right, the orange/white wire is +12 and goes to the red tach wire. Black is ground and goes to the \\\\\\;black tach wire.
\\\\\\;
Here's the mini tach instruction sheet, although the link probably won't work. http://www.box.net/shared/tzgvfzf4so
\\\\\\;

Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Malibyte
Tourer

Whittlebeast: I wanted to stick with the Harley tach, but if I hadn't done that, this thing looks pretty decent. I may put one of these on my other bike.

Thanks
Bob

ORIGINAL: whittlebeast

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/commercial.php \\\\\\;
\\\\\\;
\\\\\\;

Old 07-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put a Barrons tact on my 2008 Fatboy. Works perfect. I did have to source the ECM #3 slot for the signal. If you are not somewhat able to do this kind of thing, I would suggers the HD versions.
This&nbsp\\;kind of stuff can&nbsp\\;make me very nervious. I'm old now so I figure I'll just pleat Alshimers to the HD Tech if I break something and have to ask for help. Kinda look helpless. and poor.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Malibyte
Tourer

Murphdog: Tach is installed and works fine. The job took me about an hour and was completely painless. You're right, orange/white is hot and pink is the tach signal. I had to run a ground to the chassis, though...black wire at the dash plug was not a ground.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a shout out with thanks.
Ride safe -
Bob

Old 07-27-2008, 12:00 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it Malibyte. Sorry about the black wire, don't have my 03 manual anymore.&nbsp\\;I kind of remember&nbsp\\;there&nbsp\\;is more than one black wire under there and it had to be the one on speedometer terminal 7,&nbsp\\;there's another black wire that goes to the odometer reset button. It's still that way&nbsp\\;on the 07.