Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

fly by wire throttle issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008 | 08:58 PM
flhtc07ok
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fly by wire throttle issues

With this revelation, I'm in the process of sending Airbus Industries in France a 'Flash' e-mail. It will read something like this:

Bon Jour,

Gentlemen, based solely on the recommendation of a boat owner here in the colonies, I suggest that you immediately cease all building of your commercial aircraft. It has been determined that due to a boat motor going into high revs when a transmitter was keyed that throttle by wire may be a threat to life on this planet as we know it.

Please inform your technology group that the years of testing and certification for both your fly by wire control of ailerons, speed brakes, elevators, and rudder and your throttle/auto-throttle systems is now in the utmost of jeopardy. After all, would you want to be responsible for a plane crash caused by a spike in a passenger's implanted heart pace maker?

I know that your tests, along with those of the military for such aircraft as the F16, Y-22 and others, was extensive and included severe RFI/EMI saturation, but really, can we be sure? Especially when the owner of a boat system with unknown quality, engineeing, shielding, and installation practices says that we'vegot a problem.

Mercy boot coupes.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Harley Owner

PS Copies of this'Flash' e-mailare being sent to Lockheed/Martin, Boeing, General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Honda, Chrysler, Briggs & Stratton, The Huffy Bicycle Company, Insinkerator, Beenie Babies, and whoever else will listen... Ahhhhhhhhhhg, Good Grief Charlie Brown!

Old 02-22-2008 | 11:25 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys are too funny! Love your letter idea flhtc08ok.. Hilarious! P.S. No problems with my 08 SG. Love it, Love it, Love it!!!

Old 03-24-2008 | 08:24 PM
livewire78602
Stage I

A boozefighter just died to his 08 Harley Davidson throttle excelerated in a curve by itself. The wife survived but in serious condition. They justgot backthere Harleyfrom the dealer because they were having issues with the throttlelike others and the dealer told them it was ok, that nothing was wrong with it. His name was Hammer from Chapter 39 Grandbury Texas. So get ready for major law suit against Harley. And all the rest of your guys, take your bike back before its to late!!!!! What the hell was wrong with Harley? How can you rely on and electronic dial to be accurate and safe, what if it gets wet???

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:07 AM
scaires as hell
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: livewire78602

A boozefighter just died to his 08 Harley Davidson throttle excelerated in a curve by itself. The wife survived but in serious condition. They justgot backthere Harleyfrom the dealer because they were having issues with the throttlelike others and the dealer told them it was ok, that nothing was wrong with it. His name was Hammer from Chapter 39 Grandbury Texas. So get ready for major law suit against Harley. And all the rest of your guys, take your bike back before its to late!!!!! What the hell was wrong with Harley? How can you rely on and electronic dial to be accurate and safe, what if it gets wet???

Old 04-06-2008 | 08:51 PM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

I hate all the electronic crap they put on vehicles. I think we should all start boycotting this kind of sht. They only reason they do it is so you can't work on it yourself and electronics is not an exact science. I know a cable can fail but I can see that starting to wear. I for one will not buy something like that.

Old 04-06-2008 | 08:54 PM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

Who's the chick? That's hot.

Old 04-06-2008 | 10:20 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I KNOW!!!!.. its driving me nuts trying to figure out what she is saying..mind you i never seem to be able to watch her lips move..