Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

My Brand New Terminal Velocity II arrived today....NOT

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008 | 09:17 AM
flhtc07ok
Advanced
Default RE: My Brand New Terminal Velocity II arrived today....NOT

"I'm not attacking the company, nor am I attacking the TVII."

Sorry neighbor, if you're not on the offense, then what's the point of the post in the first place?

The TVII is made, marketed, and supposedly backed by a company. You've had a problem with the product and tried, repeatedly, to rectify the situation. The people that are employed by the company that made the product are not supporting their product - be pi$$ed, put on a big set of ba//s and let the forum know you are pi$$ed. Why skirt the issue?

Even if veiled in the purpose of 'informing' the Forum of a nasty situation, you're letting peopleknow that, in your opinion, a product (the complete package of goods and services) is just no good - that's the message I read here and that's what Forums are for.

Don't get mad, get even - call the CC company. I hope you still have copies of the sales receipts and some sort of paper trail on all of the contacts you've had. Good luck.

Old 02-21-2008 | 11:47 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

1nuckenfut:

Amazing the similarity in our stories.

I spoke to Keith one day for over an hour. We discussed how the unit worked, and then I made a few syggestions to him based on the negative postings I have seen and the lack of any real positive ones. He agreed and was well aware of their short comings as for lack of information out here, customer service issues. But it doesn't look like any change is forth coming.

Old 02-21-2008 | 12:05 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Flhtc07ok:

I have no way of knowing if the owner Keith is aware of what is going on. His email is being intercepted by Jim. When I call I can't get him, and messages are followed up by Jim. So it would be unfair of me to burn down the whole company because of one Man who makes my life very difficult. If I had proof that the whole company was behind this including the owner then it would be a different story.

I'm also receiving PM's from a member up here who rather than support a Brother Biker is defending the company and pointing out to me where I made positive remarks about them in the past. I don't deny my past actions. I made some posts in the past where I commented on the bike running good, and the fuel mileage improving. But at the same time I PM'ed him cause I knew he had a TVII on his bike. I was raising questions about all the heat still coming off the engine. I didn't ask the questions in public because I would look like an *** after saying the positive remarks that I had. We all make mistakes. I only know one perfect Man, and they crucified him. So now he crucifies me for saying the nice things and now posting my latest problems. I just don't remember where it says that we can't change our minds because of experience.

This is the first HD's I have owned in a long time. I don't know what the norm is. To me the engine seemed awful hot, but I needed to talk to others to find out what the norm is. I finally bought an infrared device and found my rear cylinder running 350 degrees and a 65 degree day with the TVII installed. I called Jim who asked for pictures of the plugs. I sent them and he told me to send the unit back as it was not working right. I did and was promised a new one. You see the pictures of what I received.

You know I almost led my best friend to buy one. What is it that they say, "Ignorance is Bliss"? I was better off when I didn't look at the temperature. Actually what started this whole thing was my mechanic when I brought it in for the first service. He pulled the plugs and said it was running lean. After that I started paying attention.

So I made some positive remarks in the past. I was wrong, and I admit it.

Old 02-21-2008 | 12:29 PM
texas tom
Tourer

Wow sorry too hear this I bought and installed one last month,while I have no problems I am telling a friend of mine to go with the sert. In my case a 07 EGCSE A/C Fulsac conv with D&D slip ons my gas mileage is only in the 37-38 mpg range. Now that said I have only been able to put about two hundred miles on it plus I have a heavy hand but prior to the A/C and fulsac and TVII I was getting around 41 mpg. Now I have eliminated the decel popping and it appears to be running much cooler I called (cant remember who I talked with) and was told the way it works I should get better fuel mileage while cruising but in city traffic it may go down ,now I didnt buy it for fuel mileage in my opinion when you richen up the mixture how can you improve fuel economy?

Old 02-21-2008 | 12:49 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Texas Tom:

It sounds like yours is working right. Mine always improved the fuel mileage up into the mid 40's. But looking at the plugs and the heat coming off the engine was just too lean. My plugs were bone white. My rear Head running on a 65 degree day was 350 degrees. Mine doesn't sound like yours.

Its a shame cause that's all I wanted was a unit that worked correctly.

I really don't like doing this. Who needs more aggravation in their lifes? I would be so Happy if Keith would simply call me and tell me he will exchange this beat up unit for a brand new one. That's all I want.

Old 02-21-2008 | 01:39 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Finally spoke to Keith the owner this morning, and he made it short and sweet. He refuses to go any further and told me to go back to the distributor I bought it from. I wasn't aware the distributor held the warranty (NOT).[/align][/align]I suppose my posting up here got me my results. But after almost a year and a half I decided I've had enough. I realized these results could come of my posting my experience and made the decision knowing I could lose. Of course you have to have something of value first to be in a position to lose. I lost a year and a half ago when I made a decision to buy a product.[/align][/align]That's all Folks...[/align]

Old 02-21-2008 | 05:16 PM
TickTock
Club Member

He should be able to authorize a refund back through the distributor. I had this done with a faulty power commander. Albeit was a lengthy process, DynoJet finally got Drag Specialties to issue a refund to the shop that I purchased it from. At a minimum I would file a complaint to the credit card company that I used to purchase it until everything settled out. If you are made out of money and you don't care then how about sending me some!

Old 02-21-2008 | 05:48 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Hardly Tick Tock, I'm just a poor Man.

I did check on it today. They reminded me that I already tried back when American Classic Motors refused to refund me. They have a very short period. The Card is American Express.

Naw, I'm screwed. Worse yet if they had told me that they couldn't warranty it any longer at least I would have had a clean, new looking unit and the original box it came in with all the papers and instructions. I could have repackaged it and tried to sell it. I can't sell what I have now, no box, no papers, and it's not very pretty.

I did hit Gold last night on Ebay. Got a brand new older "E" series Race Tuner for $280 with cables. I already have the latest software version V477. So now my SERT education begins.

Old 02-21-2008 | 06:04 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Do yourself a favor and find someone to dyno tune it for you. At the end of the day you will be happier.

Old 02-21-2008 | 06:29 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

and $300 poorer.

Quick Reply: My Brand New Terminal Velocity II arrived today....NOT