Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

My Brand New Terminal Velocity II arrived today....NOT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008 | 09:50 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: My Brand New Terminal Velocity II arrived today....NOT

Tick Tock. This has been going on since the fall of 2006. I'm afraid it's far too long ago for the CC company to do me any good.

I just can't believe they sent me this junk and tried to pass it off as new.

Old 02-20-2008 | 09:54 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Shawn the SERT is looking better every minute. Thanks

Old 02-20-2008 | 02:27 PM
rbabos
Banned

That really does suck. I know exactly how you feel getting crap like that. Thanks for the heads up.
Ron

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:07 PM
TickTock
Club Member

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Tick Tock. This has been going on since the fall of 2006. I'm afraid it's far too long ago for the CC company to do me any good.

I just can't believe they sent me this junk and tried to pass it off as new.
I don't know that time matters for the credit card company. I would attempt it anyway - it's free and what do you have to lose at this point?

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:43 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Tick Tock:

I bought the original unit from American Classic Motors. When the unit was acting up I contacted Terry Components because the service the warranty. Jim suggested things for me to try and I did them but they didn't help. Finally Laurie authorized me to return it for a refund. I sent it back. Then when Laurie contacted American Classic Motors they refused a refund. Laurie offered to send a brand new unit to ACM at no charge to cover the expense of giving me a refund, but once again ACM refused. A long time passed and Laurie was trying to get a refund through Drag Specialties the main dustributor. Nothing was working. So I finally told Laurie just to send me the new unit which she did.

I wasn't looking for the money as much as I was looking for a unit that worked. If the TVII worked as they say it should, I figured that had to be a good thing. So I tried it. Once again I noticed it dialed itself in within the 50 ~ 75 miles. Throttle response was good and fuel mileage was great. I did have one concern, the engine wasn't running any cooler and my plugs were white. I just wasn't sure it was running rich enough. I didn't have anybody or anything to compare it to. I did find one member up here Pingman who was using one, and I PM'ed him to ask questions about the heat. I PM'ed him cause I had defended the unit against others who made a lot of negative remarks about it. I defended the good points that I had experienced. But I didn't want to ask about the heat in public cause then the hecklers would just use that as more ammunition against the unit which at the time I didn't think was fair. So I PM'ed him and asked about the heat, and the plugs.

I bring all this up cause he jumped into another one of my threads and basically accused me of lying just to get the money back. Which isn't the case at all. After all that has recently happened I have made remarks about getting my money back. I've made remarks about selling it. Of course I would now after what they have recently done to me. When I say them let me clarify, what Jim the Technician did to me. He told me to send my unit in as he said the temperatures were too high, and the pictures of my plugs were too white. I sent it back at my expense. He promised to send me a brand new unit. The pictures are what I received. I called him immediately and he still insists to this day that the pictures you see is a brand new unit that he tested. I could understand a little dirt, or maybe a scratch or two, but not the way this one looks. The crank position sensor is cracked and a plastic tooth is broken off and missing. Its not what I was expecting nor promised.

I'm not attacking the company, nor am I attacking the TVII. It did have some positive aspects. Unfortunately for me it never worked as promised. I have heard from others that it works just fine. I guess I am not one of those people.

If he had kept his word and sent me back the new unit I wouldn't be on this post. This is all I can do right now. He cut me short yesterday telling me that he had customers to deal with. I guess I don't qualify as a customer any more.

Old 02-20-2008 | 05:16 PM
TickTock
Club Member

I gotcha. Sounds like the original problem was with AMC who did not honor your money back as they should have. Surely with all of the writing you have done here you have some documentation you could use. I mean if the unit was never right from the beginning and you tried to work it through both the original retail company, the distributor and the manufacturer you have done your due diligence. The credit card company is bigger than you are and can make an immediate impact on this situation. If I just spent 600.00 on an item and it didn't work and was broken I would be looking for my money back in any way I could. It is not the money but the principal of the situation. It doesn't sound to me like you have made friends at any of these places that is worth 600 bucks. Again, what do you have to lose at this point? If you have the documentation it is just you sending it to the cc company and then letting them work it out from there. At any rate, it is just a suggestion...

Old 02-20-2008 | 05:32 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Tick Tock I seem to remember from past experience regarding CC's that they have a short period of protest like 90 days.

Old 02-20-2008 | 05:50 PM
TickTock
Club Member

I gone longer - seems like 6 months for a problem I had once. It is just a phone call away to find out for sure.

Old 02-20-2008 | 06:25 PM
shawn08roadking
Advanced

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257
He cut me short yesterday telling me that he had customers to deal with. I guess I don't qualify as a customer any more.
Hell he probably just lost 5 or 6 moreafter reading this post [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 02-21-2008 | 08:45 AM
1nuckenfut
Cruiser

I purchased one from ACM in May of 06 for my Bob. Immediately was not satisfied. Pops and backfires on every deceleration. I never messed with ACM and began calling Jim. At that point my story sounds identical to yours. No return calls. Lies about Jim being there. When I did talk to him I got rediculous sugestions that made no sense. Finally was told to sent the unit back for a new one. A month later I got the plug and play model. New in the box, I put on Ebay and sold it for more than I paid and went to the Harley shop and bought a SERT. My bike runs like a rocket.Everyone- that company is the worst of the worst. I don't know how they are still in business.Get a new one, sell it. Chalk it up as a bad experience and get something with a proven record of performance. You will be glad you did in the end.

Quick Reply: My Brand New Terminal Velocity II arrived today....NOT