Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Re-Using Ignition Sensor Rubber Connector Plug, '88 Sporty

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:16 PM
gr8scott
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Using Ignition Sensor Rubber Connector Plug, '88 Sporty

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have found it to be a wealth of information. I hope someone can help me with the following question.

I'm in the process of replacing the ignition sensor on my '88, 883, Sporty. I picked up a stock replacement from the local dealer. The ignition is stock so I'd like to re-use the rubber connector plug from the old sensor (1-pin on top, 2-recepticles on the bottom) since it mates well with the plug on the ignition.

I pulled the old pins out of the plug and would like install it on the new sensor. The new sensor has the wire ends already made up with the correct pins. However, it's a tight fit getting them in the conector. Before I attempt the "brute force" method and risk damage something I thought I'd check and see what others have done in the past.

Has anyone reused this plug? If so do you have any suggestions on how to install the pins without damaging them? If not, any recommendations on how to finish off the connection would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott[/align]