Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ecm

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:19 PM
turbodaddy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecm

i was hoping somebody can help me out,i have a 07 police rk with the 103ci motor i justed added a v&h propipe and k&n rk3910 air intake i also bought the v&h fuelpak only to find out later they dont offer a map for my bike those are the only engine mods i'm planning on for know so what would you guys reccommend for a controller any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
EZ2Rider
Road Master
Default RE: ecm

IF you call Jamie at Fuelmoto, he will probably be able to tell you if a PCIII would be a good solution AND provide a custom map IF you buy from them.

You could also check Dynojet's website and see if they have a map for a similar or same configuration. Nice thing you can download maps there free and sort through all they have available, free.

Honestly don't know what is the "best" but with any combination that doesn't run 95% of ideal on a canned map, both PCIII and SERT would be putting you at the mercy of a good tuner. Some will say go with a wideband offering but it is the most expensive option and sacrifices the factory ECM for a proprietary one. May be fine but soloutions would be very limited , IMO, IF you had problems with it.

EZ

Old 02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
turbodaddy
2nd Gear

Hey bro thanks for the reply,i thought cars with efi and computers are a pain in the **** to work on but i an beginning to think they are childs play compared to the hd game so far.ps the last time i owned a scooter jets was no problem

Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

With just an a/c and pipe change, you should consider the Terry Components Terminal Velocity II:

http://www.terrycomp.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=60

It's a closed loop AFR device that is a plug and play fuel managment device. Give them a call. It will read your a/f at the header pipe (where your 02 sensors are) and provide more fuel to achieve the desired a/f. Basically, it plugs into your bike between the sensors the ECM uses and the ECM itself.