Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

LED Lights to Illuminate You Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006 | 02:12 PM
jcarlos
|
Novice
Default LED Lights to Illuminate You Chrome

I wanted to know what are your thoughts on these LED lights on a bike. Are they in style or out of style, do you feel they make your bike look like a Christmas tree going down the road or what? Do they cause unnecessary electrical problems?

Old 01-22-2006 | 02:55 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Default RE: LED Lights to Illuminate You Chrome

I think they look goofy, and would never binstall them on anything I own, 2 wheels or 4. But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Old 01-22-2006 | 03:51 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member

Hi Jaime, welcome to the HDForum from New Zealand, enjoy! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Everybody has their own opinion of bike lighting. I personally think they look nice when the bike is parked, so I have ordered a set of purple(UV) LED Hyper-strips to mount under the tank.

I guess I am a bit of a "LED freak' as I have replaced the tail light, turn signals and added a high mount LED strip as an additional stop light as well, but these are mainly for saftey reasons - WAY brighter, the purple LEDs are purely decorative.

The kit i purchased can be switched on if I want BLING, BLING or left off as I so desire. I get the best of both worlds and if it worries you that people think theyre goofy, leave them off. The lights are hidden under the tank and can't be seen when not in use anyway.

Go ahead and do whatever you want to customise things to suit yourself, the only opinion that matters to you is that of Jaime Carlos!!!!

Old 01-22-2006 | 04:07 PM
jcarlos
|
Novice

Thanks for you reply; I’ll still think about it a little longer. Thanks once again from a little town in the west corner of Texas call El Paso.

Old 01-22-2006 | 06:16 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jcarlos

Thanks once again from a little town in the west corner of Texas call El Paso.
I spent a week there, one day.

Old 01-22-2006 | 06:21 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I at first did not like them, had a friend put them on his bike not too much and thought it looked pretty neat at night and helped to see him, put a few on my bike an think it looks good, have two red led strips under my saddle bags that I am going to wire to my tail light so they illuminate with the brakes to help being seen a t night.

Old 01-22-2006 | 08:28 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

I think they are fine IF not overdone. Also make sure to check with local laws as most of the times you can not ride with them on, only when parked.