Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tmax Experts

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Tmax Experts

ORIGINAL: Sleeps In Trees

The ECMwas reading the front sensor but you weren't monitoring it. The o2codes will clear as soon asyou start the bike up & will happeneverytime w/v 4.5 & 4.6. Normal w/that firmware version & doesn't signify a problem.

VicW.
You da man. Nothing like wearing the battery down even with the charger onit chasing things like this down. Ever notice that when things go smoothly you don't learn anything? Got the cut and paste working. I had the wrong order of shift ctrl. Doh.
4.5 give you decel functions, whats better about 4.6?
Ron

Old 02-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's NEWER!!

VicW.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
SGDude
Cruiser

Talked to Tmax about 4.6, they just said it was newer, no specific updates or features. I should know more next week...

Old 02-10-2008, 09:40 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Something to remember to do is periodically download your module setting and remapping to your laptop, that way if you decide to go with another map and don't like it you can write the old map into the module and it won't have relearn all the autotuning information. Just be sure rename the map so that you don't overwrite the TMax provided map.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rbabos
Do I have to go through the whole initialize thing again and run it up to temp once more, just for the 4.5 upgrade?
If you do the IAC Auto rather than just running it to temp and letting it learn IAC offsets, you do not have to do it again. IAC Auto sets new values for the IAC in your map rather than offsets. So a reload of your saved map will already have the correct IAC in it.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: ToBeFrank

ORIGINAL: rbabos
Do I have to go through the whole initialize thing again and run it up to temp once more, just for the 4.5 upgrade?
If you do the IAC Auto rather than just running it to temp and letting it learn IAC offsets, you do not have to do it again. IAC Auto sets new values for the IAC in your map rather than offsets. So a reload of your saved map will already have the correct IAC in it.
Not sure where to set for auto IAC. I've screwed with it enough that I feel better about doing the learned IAC again, as I did clear the learned offsets.
I did however find the reason for the faults in the module diagnostics for O2 sensors. It is a function that is not active in the program at this time and will show faults on both units. Recommended O2 test is to use the monitor gauges and watch the readings of 19.36 to appear. Both pass the test this way. Found it mentioned in the PDF.
Ron

Old 02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
ajayrk
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The IAC Auto is the third button on the menu bar. All of these buttons are red until you are connected to the ThunderMax. Start on page 88 in the manual for instructions to set up IAC Auto.