Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander III and EFI question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
gdaustin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander III and EFI question

I finally got my PCIII installed on my 08 FLSTC Anniv. Edition and had a question. I am assuming the 08 EFI takes the data it receives from the o2 sensors and makes minor adjustments to the air/fuel mixture. When the PCIII is insis issue with the O2 sensors?talled the O2 eliminators are put on. So now if there is a change in temp/humidity/altitude the EFI is unaware of changes that need to be done. How does this affect the bike and its performance? I am also assuming that if the SERT is used the O2 sensors are left on. If so then it would appear that maybe the SERT was the way to go. Did I mess up getting the PCIII because of the O2 sensors?

Old 02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander III and EFI question

Last question, possibly yes, depending on what problem you were trying to solve which you left out. Did you solve whatever that problem was?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
gdaustin
Advanced

Did not really have a problem just heard the08s ran lean and I will be putting on an a/c and slipons/pipes later.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
ricmd
6th Gear

I'vehad VH Python'sand a PC III on my 06 Dyna SG for the past year. I want to install the VH quite baffles (V21869). Can anyone tell me if I will have to remap?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think not... as long as you had the bike remapped for the 1st set of V&H pipes. As long as you do not have any popping or cracking sounds right now, I would think you are good to go. I just installed BCT's Thunder Monster baffles in my V&H Bigshot Longs, and I seem to be fine. I did not have to remap or anything. I plan on getting a PCIII in the NEAR future, and will probably check the map, just in case.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: gdaustin

I finally got my PCIII installed on my 08 FLSTC Anniv. Edition and had a question. I am assuming the 08 EFI takes the data it receives from the o2 sensors and makes minor adjustments to the air/fuel mixture. When the PCIII is insis issue with the O2 sensors?talled the O2 eliminators are put on. So now if there is a change in temp/humidity/altitude the EFI is unaware of changes that need to be done. How does this affect the bike and its performance? I am also assuming that if the SERT is used the O2 sensors are left on. If so then it would appear that maybe the SERT was the way to go. Did I mess up getting the PCIII because of the O2 sensors?
No harm done. The bike has sensors monitored by the ECM, including MAP, intake air temp, and head temp. It can make judgements of altitude, humidity, and temperatures using the data from these sensors. They are effective when in open-loop mode, as when the O2-sensor eliminators are installed.

What it won't do is compensate for changes, like exhaust, intake, cams, etc. For that you'll need a remap, but once a good map is established you can ride it with assurance the A/F will adapt to different altitudes, etc.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
gdaustin
Advanced

Thanks I click I was hoping that was the answer. I can not wait till I can afford theA/C and the pipes. I had my bike dyno'd after the PCIII and the results were 65.9 HP, 80TQ and a flat line for A/F right at the desired mixture according to the dyno guy. Are these good numbers for stock 08 FLSTC except for PCIII? If not what should I shoot for? Thanks.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
electradad
Cruiser

If you are worried about the O2 sensors, the PCIIIEX works in conjunction with the sensors.&nbsp\\; You dont have the ability to make as many adjustments as you do with the PCIIusb.&nbsp\\; They call it the street legal version or California approved.&nbsp\\; I put on on my bike (mainly because I got it for$175 on e-bay, it seems to work fine with the download I put in it.&nbsp\\; Think I'm still gonna get it dyno'd though.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ricmd

I've&nbsp\\;had VH Python's&nbsp\\;and a PC III on my 06 Dyna SG for the past year. I want to install the VH quite baffles (V21869). Can anyone tell me if I will have to remap?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
ricmd,&nbsp\\; I have the same setup. Changed to the quiet baffles with no problem. Still runs great, no remap.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: electradad

If you are worried about the O2 sensors, the PCIIIEX works in conjunction with the sensors. \\\\\\; You dont have the ability to make as many adjustments as you do with the PCIIusb. \\\\\\; They call it the street legal version or California approved. \\\\\\; I put on on my bike (mainly because I got it for$175 on e-bay, it seems to work fine with the download I put in it. \\\\\\; Think I'm still gonna get it dyno'd though.
I would think on an pcIII EX they should charge you less since they are only really modifying the table in a limited band of the TP and RPM range.

I do not think I would even bother and just run a download from Power commander.

Quick Reply: Power Commander III and EFI question