Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 02:43 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Who was it thatposted back earlier about how we wouldn't have known about all of this had it not been for Steve's research? And, since Steve has done all this work and developed the IED, and passed all this knowledge onto the rest of us, it would be the right thing to do to purchase these from Steve to pay him back for all his hard work. Not saying you can't build them yourself.....just saying...........

Old 04-20-2008 | 03:17 PM
dropone
Supporter

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2008 | 03:25 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

It was I who said it.

For the small price Steve charges, I feel it wouldn't be right to acquire these devices from anywhere else, or build them ourslelves. If it wasn't for Nightriders I would still be stumbling around in the dark on my Hot Bike. It's going to be a cooler summer for me because of his work.

But that's my beliefs. I don't expect everyone to think like me. You'll see by my name I'm a contributor to this forum. I didn't have to, but for all the good I have received from this forum I felt it was the least I could do.

Steve developed an awesome product that has changed a lot of peoples lifes. Lucky for us he isn't stopping there. The XIED's will be out shortly. A possible fix for the 06's is also in his sights. The best thing about Steve is his true desire to help, and not make as much money as he can. He could sell you his LC1 for almost $400, but if all you need is a $69 IED, he won't hesitate to tell you that even at the loss of making more money.

Thanks Mike5511 for reminding us what's important in life.

Old 04-20-2008 | 04:11 PM
heywood727
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mike5511

Who was it thatposted back earlier about how we wouldn't have known about all of this had it not been for Steve's research? And, since Steve has done all this work and developed the IED, and passed all this knowledge onto the rest of us, it would be the right thing to do to purchase these from Steve to pay him back for all his hard work. Not saying you can't build them yourself.....just saying...........
I'd have to agree with Mike5511 and cruiser. Not saying that there's anything wrong with what you doing to help, and it is appreciated. I'm sure if someone wanted to take a crack at it, they could PM you. For me, I'd like to support the guy who came up with it and encourage him to carry on with better things.

If we all built our IED's from his template, what would be the incentive to reserch and invent the XIED's or spend the time on the fix for the Dyna's??

That's just my take on it itsmyforte. It's all good

Can't wait to see what Steve come's up with next.

Old 04-20-2008 | 04:38 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Amen Brother Heywood.

Old 04-20-2008 | 04:56 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member

cut

Old 04-20-2008 | 07:43 PM
itsmyforte
Tourer

Since the main posters of this thread dont want me to post my recipe I won't. Having said that I don't think Steve(nightrider) would care since he did give away how to make them yourself. I wanted to post this since I would like to contribute to this thread and give back to the forum. In this case I'll just keep it to myself then.

Old 04-20-2008 | 07:55 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

We had 2 nice days here 79F +.
Went to open day at our local dragstrip here and just had to try it out.

0 to 60 4.7 sec

I am pleased.

Old 04-20-2008 | 10:13 PM
G Rod
Tourer

I would be pleased to test pilot the XiED in Ky.forSteve. I have been riding for 51 years and 20 of those years were racing where I developed an uncanny seat of the pants feel for the slightest differences. With respects, Gary Holder

Old 04-20-2008 | 11:24 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Itmyforte:

Your 100% right that Steve wouldn't mind. As obvious by the fact that he posted the construction details on his site.

I started this thread as a test for myself and those who follow with the IED's. I would prefer to keep it focused on Nightriders IED's and the results of those who have tried them. I'm from the Old School way of thinking, and believe that you stick with the one who brought you.

I thank you for showing respect and asking before you posted. I'm also glad to see that you shared the feelings and impressions that the rest of us have who have tried them.

Thanks,

Dave

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test