Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008 | 10:36 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Off topic:
Hey Cruiser, I just noticed you're in Phoenix. I lived there from '75-'78, went to Greenway High, back when 35th & Greenway was out in the desert! Was out there a year or so back & it looks completely different!

Old 02-17-2008 | 11:56 PM
RCH
Novice

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

RC, cancel the TVII. The IED's will work better with your Mods and keep the motor cooler.

Because HD is coming out with a new Race Tuner, you can get older ones off Ebay cheap. The only update you need is a $20 CD. I almost had a Race Tuner today for $200 and blew it by waiting too long. With the Race Tuner you can load a base map and change your closed loop bias table and richen the bike up plenty to run great with your mods.
I will cancel the order Dave. Thanks......

On another note, not that I am cheap mind you (I like to call myself frugal!!!) but does anyone have a source or part number for the Tyco connectors that are used on the O2 sensors?

I would like to make my own set of O2 bias leads, and I don't want to lay out $70 for a few dollars of parts that I can put together myself.

Anyone??? Bueller???

Old 02-18-2008 | 06:29 AM
fastbagger
Road Captain

RCH try this. This company makes all replacement sensor parts for Delphi efi, including the IED's.

http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.com/NO2-IED.htm

Old 02-18-2008 | 08:58 AM
smokin
Cruiser

I have a set of IED's coming in the mail right now. Going on a 2008 FLHX. I have a set of 2006 SE Supertrapp slip on's and a HDSE air Cleaner assem. I'm hoping the IED's will correct the overly lean condition that will result from these two mods. Bike is new, we're still having Winter in NE Ohio.
Questions:
Should I still get the HD Stage1 download - I really only want the 6200 redline and I'm not sure I need the download with the IED's from a AFR standpoint. Can anyone confirm that the download will bump the redline to 6200?
thoughts??
-Smokin

Old 02-18-2008 | 10:33 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Lost 1 where you living now? I'm from the East Coast riginally and thinking hard on going back. The sun may shine a lot out here, but it's too freaking hot to ride a Bike.

Old 02-18-2008 | 10:35 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Smokin I wouldn't waste your money on the download.

Old 02-18-2008 | 10:54 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

RCH have you seen this?
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...olt_divide.htm

Old 02-18-2008 | 11:28 AM
RCH
Novice

ORIGINAL: fastbagger

RCH try this. This company makes all replacement sensor parts for Delphi efi, including the IED's.

http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.com/NO2-IED.htm
Thanks for that link. It looks like they might have what I was looking for.
Looks like about $13 worth of connectors and about $3 worth of wire, resistors, and shrink tubing to make it myself.

Old 02-18-2008 | 11:37 AM
RCH
Novice

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist

RCH have you seen this?
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...olt_divide.htm
Yes I have.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-18-2008 | 11:57 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Lost 1 where you living now? I'm from the East Coast riginally and thinking hard on going back. The sun may shine a lot out here, but it's too freaking hot to ride a Bike.
Currently in N. Carolina in the military. Spent 5 years in Alaska before coming here in 2005, and will be heading back that way in '09. East coast is good for riding but it's too crowded for my lifestyle (as well as pig-nasty hot & humid in the summer) so I'll be heading back to do a another tour in AK & then retire there.
I'm originally from GA, but spent 3 yrs in AZ as a teen. I still have family in Phoenix & Chandler, but I doubt I'll ever move back there because like you said- it's hot!

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test