Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:50 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

I am running the IEDs from nightrider on my 08 FLHTCI with stock A/C and V&H true Duells with Super Trapp 3" internal discs 13 each side with open end caps , The bike runs good and not as hot as stock but the engine oil temps are running in the 250* range with Syn oil and a HD cooler. Out side temps in the 80s and only 400 miles on bike. I believe these to be the cheaspest way to go if not looking to increase power. The throttle response is also better. I will buy the XIEDS when they come out. Doc

Old 04-11-2008 | 09:45 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Rider 57,
Anything further on the IAT relocation?

Old 04-11-2008 | 09:57 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

Further than what?
Relocating the IAT is simple.
Measure the distance from the IAT harness plug to the backing plate of the air box. That will tell you what options you have for placement.
The pigtail of the IAT is about 2 inches but vary according to the model of bike.
Using a 3/8 bit drill a hole INSIDE the area covered by the filter.
Insert the IAT in the hole and secure it with a selftapping screw.
It's a good idea to seal the mounting flange of the IAT with rtv.
I left the OEM IAT inplace to serve as a plug and just went to the dealer and got a new one ($36.00 I think, it's been a while).
That way I could disconnect the relocated one and put the bike back to stock if I had to go in for warrenty work.

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:03 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Thanks Rider 57. I can handle that. At one point you had said you were going to try and post some pictures of your installation.
No big deal, just inquiring.

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:24 AM
wmw
Novice

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Heywood something is up here with our friend. He has a total of 8 posts. Go back and look at them and the majority of them have been edited to be a complete blank except for one period (.). I guess you can't delete everything in the subject box, so a period was left for the edit function to accept it. His profile is a complete blank.

Does the word Troll mean anything?

With all the posts here there are no voltage reads to show an understanding of what the O2 sensors are doing.
Connect a scope or a digital volt meter and post the numbers.

Old 04-11-2008 | 01:57 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: wmw

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Heywood something is up here with our friend. He has a total of 8 posts. Go back and look at them and the majority of them have been edited to be a complete blank except for one period (.). I guess you can't delete everything in the subject box, so a period was left for the edit function to accept it. His profile is a complete blank.

Does the word Troll mean anything?

With all the posts here there are no voltage reads to show an understanding of what the O2 sensors are doing.
Connect a scope or a digital volt meter and post the numbers.
If you dont know what an O2 sensor does then knowing the voltages would not do you any good. The nominal voltage at the needed AFR is what you want to look for. Let us know what you find out.

Old 04-11-2008 | 02:21 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

WMW I am the author of this thread. It was my intent to start a thread to test Nightriders IED's as a possible solution for cooling the motor. This we have found out it does very well. This is the sole intent of my thread.

It is considered good forum ettiquette not to highjack anothers thread. Your topic has nothing to do with buying an IED and riding your bike and giving me feedback on the temperatures. I'd very much appreciate it if you simply started a new Thread about O2 sensors and talk about anything you choice within your own thread.

This thread has a topic and an agenda which your question is beyond the scope of my intentions and what my thread is focusing on.

I wanted to know what the engine temperature would do with an IED installed. I don't care what voltage O2 sensors are working at. Maybe if I was the engineer that built the IED I would have interest in this topic, but I am just a Biker looking for a cooler Motor.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 04-11-2008 | 02:28 PM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been running the nightriders IEDS for about 1000miles with a SERT canned map. I am going to get a 2-1 pipe and I will get the EXIEDS as soon as they can be had. Well worth the money.

Old 04-11-2008 | 06:02 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Dyna Gramps if you think the IED's are impressive you haven't seen anything yet. I just came back from another ride with my Extremes. The Bike is running Supreme. In the 80's out here and the Engine is running nice and cool. I am truely happy with my Bike exactly as it is. It is such a pleasure to ride a bike that rides, runs and feels the way you dreamed this bike would run when you saw it sitting in the showroom.

Old 04-11-2008 | 06:47 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member

Cruiser- are the Extremes a variant of the IED? If so, are they available for retail sale yet?
What's the difference between them and standard IED's?

Questions questions questions...

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test