Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:28 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

CSPCRX, sounds like you had a totally positive experience.

Welcome to Nightriders IED Club.

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:29 PM
SILVERTEX
Advanced

Anybody put the IED's on an "08 bone stock bike. Just looking for some feedback. I have an "08 Ultra Classic all stock.

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:37 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

There's no reason why you can't use them on a completely stock bike. It would surely be an improvement going from stock 14.7 AFR to a richer 14.2.

My Bike is bone stock except for a pair of Rush slip On exhaust.

Old 04-01-2008 | 04:55 PM
mikeurig
Road Master

Cruiser85257,

Thanks for clearing that up, gonna try and take the bike tomorrow to work if I don't have to get the grand-kid after work.
If I take it I'll post how the ride was with the IED's.

Old 04-01-2008 | 05:02 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: SILVERTEX

Anybody put the IED's on an "08 bone stock bike. Just looking for some feedback. I have an "08 Ultra Classic all stock.
I tested a set on a 08 FLTR, totally stock.
Very impressive.

Old 04-01-2008 | 05:39 PM
mickey4510
Novice

Hi guys, been following this thread from the start and have found it fasinating. Thanks to Cruiser 85257 and Rider57 and everyone else for their time and advice, my question is this, I am back home in Ireland at the moment and my brother has bought an 08 Roadking classic with V+H basic slipons and all else is stock,bike has 355 mls on it, would the IEDS be worth fitting even though the summer temp here at its best would be around 70 fahrenheit. He is going to europe in June for 2 weeks and then the temp will be probably in 80's.Would I be correct in saying it would still be better to be running a little bit richer? Thank you, regards, Mickey.

Old 04-01-2008 | 11:00 PM
07fxdwg_NC
Stage I

I stumbled across this forum last week only 1 day after I bought my 07 Dyna, and have gained tons of info from you guys. Thanks to all who have posted their experiences with mufflers, IED, tuners, etc. There is a wealth of knowledge here that saved me from some expensive trial and error purchases.
On the 25 mile ride home from the dealer on my new Dyna on a 70 degree day I noticed the the engine was putting out what seemed to be a lot of heat. I also noticed the low speed surge and lack of pulling power at lower rpms. I rode about 100 miles the next day and observed the same tendencies: excessive heat, surging, no low speed power. That's when I hit the computer and found your forum. After reading it from the start and looking thru a couple of other forums, I decided that I would start off with the Nightrider O2 IED's and some form of slip-on muffler. I'm not looking for a race bike, or a lot of noise, but this 96 incher seemed to be straining just to run right. I wanted it to at least FEEL like the big engine that it was and sound like a Harley without causing me to start getting hate mail from my HOA. For the mufflers I decided to go with the SE Torque Pro slip-ons because several posts descibed them as louder than stock with a nice deep tone, but not too loud.
My IED's arrived on Friday, and were installed in about 30 minutes. Unfortunately it was raining and has rained every day since then until today. I hurried home from work today try the bike with the IED's, wanting to see how much difference they made on just the stock bike before the mufflers were installed. The difference was amazing! The exhaust tone dropped to a lower note and the low speed surge was gone completely. The bike would also now accelerate from 45 in 6th gear without feeling like it was lugging! Heat from the engine was not really noticable anymore thru my jeans, either (Sorry, no digital thermometer yet). This was on a bone stock bike with no other mods except the Nightrider IED's. I'll report how the mufflers did in my next post.

Old 04-02-2008 | 04:27 AM
heywood727
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mickey4510

Hi guys, been following this thread from the start and have found it fasinating. Thanks to Cruiser 85257 and Rider57 and everyone else for their time and advice, my question is this, I am back home in Ireland at the moment and my brother has bought an 08 Roadking classic with V+H basic slipons and all else is stock,bike has 355 mls on it, would the IEDS be worth fitting even though the summer temp here at its best would be around 70 fahrenheit. He is going to europe in June for 2 weeks and then the temp will be probably in 80's.Would I be correct in saying it would still be better to be running a little bit richer? Thank you, regards, Mickey.

In short...Yes Mickey. Not only will it cool it down, it will richen it up and protect the motor more. It will also help keep the blue down on your pipes. Even though you might not get high temperatures where you live, if you going to do any long road trips it will help your bike act better. Rich is way better than lean for your piston and valves.

Old 04-02-2008 | 08:46 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

Itwill work the same as here in the states.
Just dont tell the bike! LOL

Old 04-02-2008 | 12:39 PM
stvmike
Cruiser

I ordered mine yesterday, I can't wait to try them.
I just put Rush slip-ons with 2" inch baffles. I really hope this cools down the bike.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test