Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:20 PM
KLR J
Novice
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

cruiser85257:

I must have got my info crossed. Do you know if these void the warranty?

I need to cool this bike down before the hot weather hits.

Thanks for the great info.

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:25 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

The Dealer can try to claim that any fuel management device could affect the warranty.

The IED's are so simple to take on and off the bike in minutes. If your worried about warranty simply take them off before you go to the dealer.

It really comes down to your Dealer and your relationship with him.

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:26 PM
KLR J
Novice

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:30 PM
KLR J
Novice

cruiser85257:
Since you know from first hand experience and I am new to this whole thing-
Here is what I have- Stage 1 AF, Download, and Screaming Eagle Performance I live in CA so you know the restrictions. Do I need to do a remap? I went to Nightriders site and watched the LC1 install but need to read more about the ied's.
So my min quesiton is do I need to ge the bike remapped?

Thanks

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:44 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: KLR J

cruiser85257:
Since you know from first hand experience and I am new to this whole thing-
Here is what I have- Stage 1 AF, Download, and Screaming Eagle Performance I live in CA so you know the restrictions. Do I need to do a remap? I went to Nightriders site and watched the LC1 install but need to read more about the ied's.
So my min quesiton is do I need to ge the bike remapped?

Thanks
First I need to clarify what you have on your Bike. Stage 1 AF?? As in Air Filter? Screaming Eagle Performance? What exactly do you have? Which air kit, and what are you referring to as far as screaming Eagle Performance? What exhaust are you running? What kind of Bike do you have while we're at it?

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:56 PM
KLR J
Novice

cruiser85257:
Sorry I wasn't more specific-
Here it goes- 07 FXST
Stage 1 air filter, download and Screaming Eagle Performance Slash Out Slip ons. I think these are th only "street legal" screaming eagle exhausts. This was all done prior to the purchase of the bike.

Old 03-07-2008 | 01:15 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: KLR J

Great stuff in this thread. I am going to purchase theses asap. Quick question they may have been answered already- I have a 07 FXST if I install the nightrider ied's what does it do to my warranty? Also I noticed that Thundermax has something similiar, if not the samething- What are you thoughts- Thanks for sharing-
Get the IED's from Steve. They plugin and you can unplug them and be back to OEM configuration in about 1 minute. Then take your bike in for any work to be done.

Old 03-07-2008 | 01:53 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

KLRJ,

Ditto what Rider57 says.

Old 03-07-2008 | 03:12 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Barry I spoke to Zippers today about the relocation kit. The good news is they make them. The bad news is they make them for their bigger throttle Bodies and air kits. The kit contains a plate with gaskets to seal the original hole where the IAT is riginally located. Then you have the parts to mount it on the back of their air kit. Obviously it won't be of any value to us running stock Bikes. So back to the drawing board.

They did say the theory of moving it is valid and worth the results.

Old 03-07-2008 | 03:21 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Barry I spoke to Zippers today about the relocation kit. The good news is they make them. The bad news is they make them for their bigger throttle Bodies and air kits. The kit contains a plate with gaskets to seal the original hole where the IAT is riginally located. Then you have the parts to mount it on the back of their air kit. Obviously it won't be of any value to us running stock Bikes. So back to the drawing board.

They did say the theory of moving it is valid and worth the results.
Guys,
I am in the process of putting instructions together for this modification. It will include the Harley PN for the IAT that you will put in the airbox, leaving the OEM inplace as a seal. Again, an easy way to go back to stock if you have to visit the dealer.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test