Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008 | 12:09 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Rider57

Assuming you have a sert and the data cables, get a copy of this softwareand Iwill be happy to help you get it set up. Once you get good data graphing software, it opens an entire new world to EFI tuning.

It is available for free download from http://www.ncs-stl.com/sert/MegaLogV...tup-Harley.zip

also download http://www.ncs-stl.com/sert/test12.DM2This is the sert data file

and http://www.ncs-stl.com/sert/SertOutput12.csvThis is the sert output file that was created that can be loaded into the viewer.

AW

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:04 PM
ssc89
Cruiser

Great topic, But, any chance of finding out we talk'n 1/4 v. or 1/2 v. resistors? Just cann't remember. Found tread #179 for the connectors & Radio Shack has the resistors. In prosses of doing homemade.Any help?

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:12 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Ssc89 here you go.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...olt_divide.htm

Old 03-06-2008 | 04:12 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ssc89

Great topic, But, any chance of finding out we talk'n 1/4 v. or 1/2 v. resistors? Just cann't remember. Found tread #179 for the connectors & Radio Shack has the resistors. In prosses of doing homemade.Any help?
Just goto Radio Shack and get 2 packs (5 resistors per pack) of 1/4 watt, 10 K resistors.
Soldier 2 end to edn, that will make the 20K you will need.
And use 1 more 10K for the other side of the voltage divider.

Old 03-06-2008 | 04:35 PM
heywood727
Road Master

So the bike can relearn its AFV

You have to drive it at all. As far as the ECM is concerned..it's still at 14.7. It has to learn nothing? It's just adding fuel because that's what the 02 sensors are telling it.

Looking at the dyno tells me everything I need to know more or less. You've gain 5 hp and started out higher as well. It's all in the usable range where we drive everyday. 2000 - 4500 rpm.

The only thing that maybe different fromsay my bike to Ridre57's is that Riders stays in a closed loop config... The rest of us, with just the IED's and not relocationg the IAT will jump to open loop when we are running wide open. That's when (according to someSERT users,) the AFR richens up to what is it....12.5 -13.1??

If the Bottom part of the dyno is a true stock run, without and modifications from the factory, ...it looks like it jumps to open loop (More fuel out side of EPA regs) at about 4250 rpm. I think these with the Stage 1 download will help a lot!

I think we've found the $80 magic bullet that we've been looking for. Really...debateing Throttle positions, MAP altitudes.....is all splitting hairs. I think some of us are dumbfounded on how something so cheap and easy can make such a difference?? We're almost looking for a fault.

It cools the bike significantly. It runs way better. Better idle. Seat of the pants Dyno pull..... For me, the dyno just sealed the deal. This what I was looking for after everything else.

A Big Thank You To cruiser85257......

After going through the TVII and everything else, if it wasn't for your presistance to find a simple, cost effective, safe, plug and play system....we wouldn't have know.

I think everyone else here has really helped. This has probably been the best thread I've come across to help me enjoy and protect my scooter.

Old 03-06-2008 | 04:45 PM
ssc89
Cruiser

Thanks!! That's what i was looking for. Ever in Maine look me up.

Old 03-06-2008 | 04:59 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Thanks Heywood, but this was a Team effort. My results alone would have been posted and dissapeared a long time ago with cobb webs on it now sitting in the Archives. You all kept the thread alive, and verified my results with your own. So let me say THANK YOU to all who participated.

I would like to make one further point. I realize this is a personal thing so please accept what I say as only a suggestion.

I could easily have bougth the components at Radio Shack and saved a few dollars along the way, but I didn't and paid Steve his dues for making our rides a better experience for us. I firmly believe when someone like Steve comes along and does what he does and deals with us fairly that he deserves to be compensated for his contribution to our problem. Steve sells the LC1 kit, but never tries to push it on us. I have great respect for a Man like that. I think he deserves every penny for what he does even if you can make it on your own. God knows how much money I have wasted on products and been taken advantage of. That's why I am happy to pay Steve.

You'll notice I also have a Contributor flag by my name. I didn't have to pay to participate up here, but once again I feel that when people do something like this forum that I have gained so much from, a contribution is a small price to pay to say thanks to all the people behind the scenes who make this all possible. I have run an MC Forum for almost 10 years and know the dedication and hard work that goes into making a forum of this size successful. Without this forum our opportunities to jointly form a think tank and arrive at our own solution wouldn't have been possible. So remember to say Thanks to the good people who run this forumand make this all possible. To the Admin and Moderators I say Thank You very much.

I don't make a cent from the sales at Nightrider. There is no monetary reward for me. I am just tickled to death to finally have a great running Bike.

My final Thanks to Steve at Nightriders. Steve Thank You very very much.

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:00 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

Dang! This was fun! Now what do we want to do next?

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:10 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Rider57, a simple relocation kit for the IAT would be Sweet.

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:20 PM
heywood727
Road Master

[sm=escape.gif]

You guys kill me...lol

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test