Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008 | 01:26 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by eddfive
I am in Dallas Texas
Direct Link is as follows:
Delphi
USB Key to access software and lock to customer bike
ALDL conversion box to allow flashing of ECU
Cable from ALDL box to plug into Delphi ECU
RS232 Cable from computer to ALDL box
The USB keys list price for $279.00. I own the ALDL box and the cables so this is all the customer has to pay for plus the price of the custom tuning. For an individual to DIY and buy all of this stuff it would be along the lines of a TMAX( I do not know exact price). No data collection capability but there is a live engine parameter screen while bike is running. DL also has a AutoTuning feature for all the popular AFR probes out there(LC-1, DTT, AFM, etc.etc). This may not be suitable for those that want to DIY, but for a tuner with a Dyno it has all the features of SERT plus can autotune the VE tables if so desired. They do have a base list of calibrations that covers most applications. Most customers of mine are not DIY or are tired of DIY and like the idea of a custom tuned bike and they just have to hit the starter and go. They also realize that if they change air flow through the bike that I will be tuning it again.

M&M
RS232 Cable, Gender changer, M&M communication cable, No ALDL box needed

This is not meant to slam any other product or even sell my services, just pointing out what is working for me and my customers currently.
EddFive out of all the programs you have discussed, which program do you think the average owner would find the easiest to use??

Old 10-03-2008 | 03:48 PM
eddfive
Cruiser

This really depends if a customer is a DIY kind of person and likes to "tweek" on a bike or if a person is a hit the starter and go type, never wanting to tweek just ride. The SERT, SEST and TTS and Direct Link are similar and the only thing different is the GUI interface. Most people are use to looking at Race Tuner so the SERT,SEST,TTS would be the easiest to use. They also offer data collection and storage of the data.

Old 10-05-2008 | 12:01 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by eddfive
This really depends if a customer is a DIY kind of person and likes to "tweek" on a bike or if a person is a hit the starter and go type, never wanting to tweek just ride. The SERT, SEST and TTS and Direct Link are similar and the only thing different is the GUI interface. Most people are use to looking at Race Tuner so the SERT,SEST,TTS would be the easiest to use. They also offer data collection and storage of the data.
Thanks...

Old 10-06-2008 | 10:54 PM
SavannahBob
Tourer

My reply to the original thread subject...
(And I've read all of the posts)

The bike is a 2007 NightTrain, 8000 miles, Rush 1.75 slip-on's and a stock airbox.
Installed the Xied's around the 6500 mile mark.
Never had a pop, ping or backfire.
Took about a hundred miles to dial in the ECU.
Runs cooler and smoother, and gets better every day! Pulls like a Georgia mule from idle till my wife slaps me upside the head.
Thanks NightRider for a genuine great product, and to the original posters for the initial info.

Soooo, what's next?

Old 10-06-2008 | 11:01 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by SavannahBob
My reply to the original thread subject...
(And I've read all of the posts)

The bike is a 2007 NightTrain, 8000 miles, Rush 1.75 slip-on's and a stock airbox.
Installed the Xied's around the 6500 mile mark.
Never had a pop, ping or backfire.
Took about a hundred miles to dial in the ECU.
Runs cooler and smoother, and gets better every day! Pulls like a Georgia mule from idle till my wife slaps me upside the head.
Thanks NightRider for a genuine great product, and to the original posters for the initial info.

Soooo, what's next?
Your welcome Savanah Bob, and thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback.

Old 10-10-2008 | 05:39 AM
09fatbob
Cruiser

COULD IT BE... IS IT OVER... ITs BEEN FUN CRUISER

Last edited by 09fatbob; 10-10-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2008 | 08:59 AM
merdahl
Road Master

Bump

he-he-he

Old 10-23-2008 | 01:50 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Smile

Originally Posted by 09fatbob
COULD IT BE... IS IT OVER... ITs BEEN FUN CRUISER
It will never be over. I'm sure Steve will create some thing new down the road for us to play with.

Old 11-16-2008 | 08:18 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser

Hey all,

Been a long time since I posted here. The last time it was all questions. Thought I would share my experience and results with my 07 Bob and XIED's. I installed Rush slip-ons with 1.75" baffles along with the Stage 1 filter kit ( no download ) and the XIED's. I have since put about 2000 miles on the bike. Most of my trips have been 100 to 200 mile solo rides in northern Illinois, so have had few extreme temp hot or cold. The bike runs very stong with the exception of a slight lugging sound at idle. Nothing major. I did notice about a 25F drop in temp on the front and about 15F on the rear. Just pulled my plugs for storage checks and they look good no indication of lean running. They appear to be a little towards the rich side but not wet or sooty. Between black and brown coloration on the plugs.
Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Thanks
Joe

Attached Thumbnails  Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test-bob-013.jpg  
Old 11-17-2008 | 08:17 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

so what color are plugs if to lean or to rich compared to leaving bike stock. i have XIEDS and would like to know. will pull my plugs in a week or so when i put my scoot away for the winter.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test