Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008 | 11:00 PM
heywood727
Road Master

No problem... Here's a small video. The sound is deeper than what the video can produce.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0016.flv

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0031.flv

Last edited by heywood727; 09-18-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2008 | 11:17 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by heywood727
No problem... Here's a small video. The sound is deeper than what the video can produce.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0016.flv

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0031.flv
Wow, thanks that was quick. I have always loved Bubs, and those duals are awesome. They have such a nice clean sound to them, and you can hear it's deep. I know they are not cheap, but well worth every penny you spent on them. That's a beautiful Road Glide too.

Old 09-19-2008 | 06:18 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Thanks Cruiser

Old 09-20-2008 | 03:46 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by heywood727
Thanks Cruiser

Who's got the best prices on those exhaust Heywood?

Old 09-20-2008 | 06:41 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Not sure. They came out of parts Canada last Feb. A friend of mine tried to get a hold of a set in April and was told there was a 6 month wait. I'm sure you might be able to get a set through Drag Specialies.

You should be able to get them cheaper than I could. $1250.00 just for the pipes after duty, shipping ,and taxes. Plus they were new on the market ,which never helps in the price department. I've read somewhere that you might be able to pick them up for around $900 down south. This was about 2 months ago. Might be even cheaper now.

Old 09-21-2008 | 05:19 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

What's the opinion of the TFI unit?

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/default.asp

Last edited by BlockHead96; 09-21-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2008 | 07:02 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
What's the opinion of the TFI unit?
Let's go through their FAQ:
  • Why should I buy your product instead of a Power Commander?
Their first conclusion is that theirs is cheaper. By 20 bucks, and it requires more complicated installation than the PC-III because you've got to get up into the injector harness under the tank and route wires, etc.

Their second conclusion is that it's easier to adjust, though they neglect to inform you that you can use an interface right on the PC-III to perform exactly the same adjustments, probably much easier than with theirs. Sure, you have to hook a computer up to the PC-III to initially set the throttle min/max, but that's got to be way easier than removing (even partially) the gas tank to do the installation.

Their last conclusion is that theirs is "load based" as if any other piggyback unit isn't exactly as load-based as theirs. Any piggyback unit is just as load-based as the unit they're piggybacking.
  • I hear your product only adds fuel. Some people say you need to remove fuel?
They acknowledge that there are cases where it's necessary to remove fuel or go to extraordinary measures to ensure it's not required. 'Nuff said, since the PC-III will handily remove fuel if it's necessary to do so.
  • You say it is easy to adjust. Fuel injection seems complicated to me. What's up?
They describe almost exactly, except for the extreme ease, one of the options for programming the PC-III.
  • What if I install and setup my bike with the TFi and then go up into the mountains? Will I have to re-adjust?
All totally pertinent to just about any piggyback unit.
  • What if I install other performance mods after I have my TFi? Is there additional costs to me?
Their "response" pertains to just about any piggyback unit, except, of course, to the PC-III which will (solely?) allow you to add/remove spark timing advance as well.
  • Anything else I should be aware of?
Again, totally pertinent to any piggyback unit.

So, for twenty bucks more, you can have a unit that will do more, interface more neatly with the bike, and is both easier to adjust simplistically and intricately.

No comparison in my book. If you're going to go piggyback, the PC-III is the best bang for the buck besides being just plain the best bang.

The new Ride-Maxx (or whatever it's called) may prove to be a contender as well. I have no familiarity with it whatsoever. I'll assume their bluetooth communication has protective measures to prevent "outside" influence. (Wouldn't it be neat to race for titles against a bike with one of those and switch them into "economy" mode just as they dump the clutch?)

Back to the question. Cruiser has discussed this at length right here in this thread and I believe it would be fair to sum up his take on the TFI as it being snake oil at best.

Last edited by glens; 09-21-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2008 | 09:22 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by glens
Back to the question. Cruiser has discussed this at length right here in this thread and I believe it would be fair to sum up his take on the TFI as it being snake oil at best.
Glens why do you persist in causing problems? I have extended the Olive branch to you twice, both times totally ignored by you.

Now you drag me into a discussion about the TFI making false accusations about statements that I never made. I have never discussed the TFI in any discussion on this entire forum. I hardly know what it is. I have dropped discussing Fuel Mngt. Devices, or haven't you noticed? I challenge you to produce the alleged post where I called the TFI Snake Oil. Time to put up or Shut Up.

Blockhead if you want an impartial answer to your question ask someone who is using it. I don't know much about it, except unlike the PCIII which requires a Laptop, the TFI does not.

Old 09-21-2008 | 10:04 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
Blockhead if you want an impartial answer to your question ask someone who is using it. I don't know much about it, except unlike the PCIII which requires a Laptop, the TFI does not.

OK, anyone here using the TFI?? What are your opinions??

Old 09-21-2008 | 10:08 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

glens,

Why piggyback anything? Why not just bite the bullet and fork over the $$ for the ThunderMax with Auto tune??

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test