Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008 | 09:10 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09fatbob
OK,in your mind you done that NOW leave it alone
THANK YOU 09fatbob!

Old 09-09-2008 | 09:42 AM
tomahauck
Novice

Well Said
Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
THANK YOU 09fatbob!

Old 09-09-2008 | 04:30 PM
fdh161
Supporter

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
You're welcome!

With a ship that big, 5 acres of flight deck and personnel, you can go weeks without seeing a buddy! My entire time on that thing, I never did see the entire ship! If you ever see one in person, up close and personal, it is a incredible sight to see, just the massive size of it all! Flight deck to water line, 90'! Then another 5-6 stories on top of the flight deck, known as the, Super Structure!

Have a look around, I think you may find this interesting. Aircraft of my era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl59zFikkzM
Even though I was the green side of Dept of Navy I ended up spending about 3 years at sea over the course of a career (never did figure out who I pissed of at HQMC to cause that!). First ship was the USS Midway in 75. Couple years back took my new bride to tour the Midway in San Diego where she (the Midway, that is!) is now a museum. Talk about bringing back memories. To your point, though, wife couldn't get over just how huge she is - and the Midway is small compared to the new carriers!

On message for the thread. I put on O2 IEDs a couple of weeks ago after a frustrating year of never being able to get my PC III to work the way I thought it should on an 07 RKC. What a difference with the IEDs! Smooth power, never a hiccup, lost only about 1 mpg overall. I'm a believer now.

Old 09-09-2008 | 07:11 PM
yso191
Club Member
Default Xieds

Interesting. I'm the guy that posted a few days back about dyno-ing before and after installation of Xieds. As I noted at that time I got a little more torque & HP, but it did not cool my engine.

Today I took a 250+ mile ride with a new windshield on. It enabled me to hear the motor at high speeds. What I found is that my engine is still pinging when I get on it.

So, still pinging, no cooler, and don't much care about 5HP... I'd concluded on the ride that I was going to sell the Xieds, and put in a PCIII. Especially since I am going to put a new air intake on it soon.

Steve

Old 09-09-2008 | 07:17 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by yso191
Interesting. I'm the guy that posted a few days back about dyno-ing before and after installation of Xieds. As I noted at that time I got a little more torque & HP, but it did not cool my engine.

Today I took a 250+ mile ride with a new windshield on. It enabled me to hear the motor at high speeds. What I found is that my engine is still pinging when I get on it.

So, still pinging, no cooler, and don't much care about 5HP... I'd concluded on the ride that I was going to sell the Xieds, and put in a PCIII. Especially since I am going to put a new air intake on it soon.

Steve
Steve, I suggest before you spend any more money that you contact Steve at Nightriders and run it by him how your Bike responded with the XIED's.

Old 09-09-2008 | 09:36 PM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
Steve, I suggest before you spend any more money that you contact Steve at Nightriders and run it by him how your Bike responded with the XIED's.
Cruiser, Since there is nothing to tweak with the Xieds, what could that accomplish? No attitude here, just wondering what I'm missing.

Steve

Old 09-09-2008 | 09:51 PM
aal
Cruiser

yso191, I think the xieds only work in closed loop, and when you "get on it" you're out of closed loop. I could be wrong.

Old 09-09-2008 | 10:25 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by aal
yso191, I think the xieds only work in closed loop, and when you "get on it" you're out of closed loop. I could be wrong.
Good pick up.

Your right, every time he goes WOT the Bike goes into open loop.
Closed loop is up to 50% throttle and or 4700 rpm.

Old 09-10-2008 | 12:01 AM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
Good pick up.

Your right, every time he goes WOT the Bike goes into open loop.
Closed loop is up to 50% throttle and or 4700 rpm.
OK, I'll bite. What fuel management system(s) offer ping-free, rich fuel/air, low heat and smooth power regardless of throttle position?

Gotta tell ya, I like my bike a lot, but this whole lean fuel, pinging business is just stupid. I don't think it is too much to ask to have a $12K bike perform normally. And if we just have to give a hat-tip to the leftie loons who think this is going to keep the planet from burning up, then at least have a simple fix.

OK, got that off my chest...

Steve

Old 09-10-2008 | 12:38 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by yso191
OK, I'll bite. What fuel management system(s) offer ping-free, rich fuel/air, low heat and smooth power regardless of throttle position?

Gotta tell ya, I like my bike a lot, but this whole lean fuel, pinging business is just stupid. I don't think it is too much to ask to have a $12K bike perform normally. And if we just have to give a hat-tip to the leftie loons who think this is going to keep the planet from burning up, then at least have a simple fix.

OK, got that off my chest...

Steve
Steve, that's why I suggested to talk to Steve at Nightriders. If he doesn't have the fix for you, he will steer you in the right direction. He'll also offer you a refund if the XIED isn't working correctly.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test