Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008 | 02:10 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Smile

Originally Posted by LoMax
Off topic switch on: 3000 !!
Congratulations on being #3000.

Old 09-04-2008 | 11:17 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

I have followed this thread from the start and my bike runs great with the xieds.I noticed that the posts just get longer and longer on this simple add on device.This is good though,on nights when I have insomnia instead of taking drugs I simply read a few of these long winded replies and drop right off to sleep. Goodnight.

Old 09-05-2008 | 06:17 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
Glens, we have all had our moments up here where we dissagree with each other. I have to say that when I read this post from you to Rider57 I was in shock to say the least.
Well, if it's any consolation, I'm a little shocked by it, too, now after some cooling-off time and reading it again. Just a little, though. More on why not in a bit...

I believe Rider57 did show proof of what he is saying.
No proof whatsoever was offered. I believe the only proof he's provided to date was a couple sets of data; one was showing highly-unlikely WOT AFRs, but this was on a bike with several of his sensor-functioning mods. The other data set showed nothing about AFR at all, it was rather parts-per-million (or something similar) of CO, etc.

He said
Glens, I have never heard so much jabberwoky in my life. To obtain the results you say are possible, the costs far out weigh the end results.
Where's the proof in that? And if you'd re-read my post to which he'd responded that way, you'll see I never suggested anything in terms of cost-effectiveness. Not once. In fact I don't believe you'll find me basing any of my arguments in this thread on that parameter.

Looking at the information that his post provides and then looking at your response which is really no more than a Filibuster. I would say that you are the one who is lacking proof of what you are saying. You have talked in circles since you first took over this post. Never providing any type of proof.
I quoted "his post" in full just above. What information is there, beyond accusation? I don't see it...

What does ones stand on the Environment have to do with anything we are discussing? You can't tell me your honestly trying to conserve the environment. The fact that you have altered your O2 emissions is quite the contrary. But you are not alone in this category. I am just as guilty as you are. I just don't understand what this has to do with anything discussed up to this point.
I don't understand it either. In fact, I'm wondering why you even introduce it to the conversation just now, and refer to it as something historical.

He simply gave his opinion based on the testing of over a dozen Bikes as to the value of a stage one download. It's not worth the cost.
He says it's not, but not why it's not. It's okay to have and express an opinion. That's why we're here. But it's usually most helpful, especially if asked, to express not only the opinion, but the basis for it.

But instead of coming back and showing us the proof as to why it is worth the money, you talk about everything but the subject in question. A typical tactic of someone who has run out of things to say and has nothing to contribute.
I can't decide if that's hilarious or sad. I never said anything about monetary value, merely what is the purpose (utilitarian value) for the download.

How would you characterize the tactic of arguing against something somebody didn't say?

What makes you an expert? What degrees do you possess, and from what learning institutions? What real hands on experience do you have wrenching on a Motorcycle? Or are you simply a graduate of Barnes and Nobles Institution? A Book learner?
More non-pertinent argument, but I'll entertain it anyway. What difference would it make if the information a person learned came from books at a university or from books sourced elsewhere (probably even the same books anyway)? I've already directly answered those same questions, from you, previously in this thread. Perhaps it was during one of the times you'd had me on "ignore"?

You said, "shut the hell up if you can't provide positive proof what I'm saying is incorrect".

Maybe you should heed your own advice.
I've provided plenty of proof throughout. I've had to repeat it over and over in the hopes that you might actually read what I'd written "this time" because it was evident you hadn't read it the previous time. It's rather evident still. This is obvious to me (and probably everyone else) because you even yet are challenging me to provide proof to back up things I didn't say. That's a tall order!

Old 09-05-2008 | 11:49 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by glens
Well, if it's any consolation, I'm a little shocked by it, too, now after some cooling-off time and reading it again. Just a little, though. More on why not in a bit...
Apparently not too shocked, I don't see any form of an apology.

I think it's time we put an end to this bickering. I know the rank and file has had enough of it, and I have had enough. It's unproductive and accomplishing absolutely nothing. We have both presented our side. There is nothing new to add without being repetitive.

I doubt we will ever be best friends, but can't we just all get along?

It's time to call it quits Glen.

PEACE!

Old 09-05-2008 | 05:52 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Over 3000 post now and as far as I can find not 1 before and after dyno comparison, WHY?

Old 09-05-2008 | 06:15 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by perki48
Over 3000 post now and as far as I can find not 1 before and after dyno comparison, WHY?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't buy the XIED to gain more HP. I simply wanted my Bike to run richer. I think most people think the same way. A dyno run would cost more money than what the XIED cost. I don't need to now how much HP my engine produces. My Butt Dyno tells me it is running good, that's good enough for me.

Here is a recent post in which the owner dynoed his bike before and after installation of the XIED's. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showp...postcount=2935

Last edited by cruiser85257; 09-05-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2008 | 01:25 AM
SteveXL
Advanced

Don't forget that a Dyno shows more than just HP numbers. It will also show a true AFR curve which would show how well these are working. Just an FYI, I started having some fuel cutoff issues so I removed my XiED's. The problems went away so now I'm on stock AC and no IED's. Fuel mileage is much better and I must say that in comparison, the heat coming off my motor is not much different.

Old 09-06-2008 | 02:05 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
Apparently not too shocked, I don't see any form of an apology.

I think it's time we put an end to this bickering. I know the rank and file has had enough of it, and I have had enough. It's unproductive and accomplishing absolutely nothing. We have both presented our side. There is nothing new to add without being repetitive.

I doubt we will ever be best friends, but can't we just all get along?

It's time to call it quits Glen.

PEACE!

Does this mean you guys are crossed off each others Christmas Card list??

Old 09-06-2008 | 11:20 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Probably so.

I'm just so exasperated. I go to great lengths to explain the what, how, and why of it, then get told "no, you're wrong" with no substantiation, and worse, being "verbally" assaulted and/or challenged to provide proof to back up things I didn't say. And the icing on the cake is that I get told I need to apologize for taking defensive maneuvers!

Isn't my English clear enough? Is that the problem?

Old 09-06-2008 | 02:04 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by glens
Probably so.

I'm just so exasperated. I go to great lengths to explain the what, how, and why of it, then get told "no, you're wrong" with no substantiation, and worse, being "verbally" assaulted and/or challenged to provide proof to back up things I didn't say. And the icing on the cake is that I get told I need to apologize for taking defensive maneuvers!

Isn't my English clear enough? Is that the problem?
Has nothing to do with taking defensive maneuvers. Your post was a personal attack which is not called for. Then to tell someone to shut the hell up. It was anything but defensive, quite offensive in fact. Common Glens you are alot smarter than that and your comments the following day revealled a Man who knew he stepped over the line, which is very hard for you to admit.

Once again I appeal to you to put an end to this bickering. No apology, no more explainations, and no more repetive posts. We've all said all there is to cover this topic. So it's over now and time to move on.

PEACE, can't we all just get along?

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test