Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008 | 06:07 PM
BCGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
BC according to the New House Mother I am not suppose to recommend either product for an AC or exhaust. Not that I blindly just said go for it. What I did do is tell the person asking that I have run a K&N RK3909 AC with Rush slip ons (2" baffles)and the XIED's with great success. You decide from the information gathered here.

[B]Just a Happy Customer[B]

LOL, yeah I'm trying to ignore the politics of this thread! All for 'simple' and this product seems to fit the bill. Currently have a Jaime PC3, and it works, but I always explore options! Also have a Ness open air kit so the XIED may still leave me a little lean. But I will continue to explore this option. Thanks for your input.. !

Last edited by BCGlide; 08-22-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-22-2008 | 06:14 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

You shouldn't be lean with a PC3. That is one of it's purpose.

Old 08-22-2008 | 09:14 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

I'm out.

Last edited by HOGBOB; 08-23-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-22-2008 | 09:31 PM
MindfulRider
6th Gear

Yes, field tests, lots of happy customers, and lots of info to consider.
Originally Posted by skiahh
Now, back to bone stock, I'm getting the same MPG and the bike seems to be the same as when I had the XiEDs on.
So I hope we hear back from Skiahh whether the o2s are faulty and whether the *IEDs could have accelerated their failure. Not to spoil the party, but it's good field information to have.

Old 08-22-2008 | 09:47 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

I'm done.

Last edited by HOGBOB; 08-23-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-22-2008 | 10:06 PM
skiahh
Tourer

Originally Posted by HOGBOB
Is recommending these devices, to all sorts of folks, with all sorts of after market intakes and exhaust's off topic Cruiser? Cause you have done that time and again. Doesn't sound like a field test to me SHILL. Don't accuse other people of being off topic, you have gone there many times yourself. Just say'n.
Jeezum Crow!! Drop it already, you two!! You sound like a couple of farking 5 year olds.

One of you man up and STOP REPLYING to the other one. When neither of you idiots has anything to reply to, maybe we can get back to the purpose of this thread. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by MindfulRider
So I hope we hear back from Skiahh whether the o2s are faulty and whether the *IEDs could have accelerated their failure. Not to spoil the party, but it's good field information to have.
Once I get it into the shop, I'll let you know what their diagnosis was.

Old 08-23-2008 | 09:10 AM
HOGBOB
Tourer

You got a point skiahh. I'm going to let it go. I've been in this post for a long time....too long. I've seen so many folk's with questions, or good info run off and told to not come back, that I developed an opinion of the topic starter. This is not the place to hash that out, so your right. I'm even gonna give you a free pass on the idiot comment. But only once!

Old 08-23-2008 | 09:55 AM
BCGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
You shouldn't be lean with a PC3. That is one of it's purpose.
You are right, I'm not lean with my PC3. I'm just looking for a simpler solution which places the stock controller back in charge and utilizes some of the benefits of the stock 02 sensors.

Old 08-23-2008 | 10:33 AM
bikergar
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cruiser85257
You know when I came up here the first time the longest running thread was about the Heat problem and the new Bikes. Did anyone else pick up the ball and try to help all these people? I am happy to say the heat problem is a thing of the past. Biggest thanks should go to Steve at Nightriders.

I'll step off my soap box now.

Just a Happy Customer.
Crusier

I given you the benefit of doubt several times in your thread. Guys have said they tried something and in your response you would ask if they tried what they just said they did. It was as if you read the first sentence of their post and skipped the rest. I thought you just accidently missed it, but I was wrong in my assessment. There is as much diappointment with IED temperature reduction as there is satisfaction. Read you own thread. For you to say the heat problem is a thing of the past is irresponsible and just plain false.

I will even make the statement the biggest "benefit" people seem to gain from the IED's, 5th and 6th gear roll on, increases the operating temperature of the engine because riders have a tendency not to downshift. See post #2658. "Rolling on" in the 2000 RPM range increases temp vs downshifting.

I never once remember you saying there may be a "design" problem with these products instead I remember you making excuses, giving bad advice, giving contradictory advice, all in defense of these, your products (I still stand by that statement).

I purchased the IED's based on your enthusiasm. They didn't work for me but I don't hold that against you. I pays ma money and I takes ma chances. I am glad that you are a "just a happy customer", but you are way wrong to suggest these products have made heat a thing of the past.

bikergar

Last edited by bikergar; 08-23-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-23-2008 | 02:19 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikergar
Crusier

I given you the benefit of doubt several times in your thread. Guys have said they tried something and in your response you would ask if they tried what they just said they did. It was as if you read the first sentence of their post and skipped the rest. I thought you just accidently missed it, but I was wrong in my assessment. There is as much diappointment with IED temperature reduction as there is satisfaction. Read you own thread. For you to say the heat problem is a thing of the past is irresponsible and just plain false.

I will even make the statement the biggest "benefit" people seem to gain from the IED's, 5th and 6th gear roll on, increases the operating temperature of the engine because riders have a tendency not to downshift. See post #2658. "Rolling on" in the 2000 RPM range increases temp vs downshifting.

I never once remember you saying there may be a "design" problem with these products instead I remember you making excuses, giving bad advice, giving contradictory advice, all in defense of these, your products (I still stand by that statement).

I purchased the IED's based on your enthusiasm. They didn't work for me but I don't hold that against you. I pays ma money and I takes ma chances. I am glad that you are a "just a happy customer", but you are way wrong to suggest these products have made heat a thing of the past.

bikergar
Bikegar, I am sorry they didn't work for you. They don't work for everyone. Have you spoken to Steve about returning the product for a refund?

By the way, 2, 899 replies and I have made a few mistakes. Forgive me. There was only one perfect man who walked the Earth and they crucified him. Although lately I do feel like I am being crucified.

Just a Customer....(you noticed I have removed the word Happy)

Last edited by cruiser85257; 08-23-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test