Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008 | 07:25 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09fatbob
how many times can this be said, this post is about field tests!! not who has the biggest D*&K and knows the most about ecus, e equals mc2 who cares as long as it or they (xieds,ieds,or vieds) aren't causing your bike to turn honda.
+1 So True! Honestly, this thread has worn itself out, what more is there to say about IEDs, XIEDs and VIEDs? They work as advertised, we got that. Now, with all this info and the contacts at NightRider, let's be adults, make our own decisions and move on. I will say this, though, Cruiser, you are one passionate guy when it comes to these things. What are there, like 2500 or so posts on a $100 part? It appears these NightRider products generate a lot more discussion than any of the other tuner products out there.

Old 08-22-2008 | 07:25 AM
09fatbob
Cruiser

Don't hold your breath i have a feeling its far from over

Last edited by 09fatbob; 08-22-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2008 | 08:27 AM
09fatbob
Cruiser

frog 13 i believe people cannot fathom a 100.00$ or so product that does what 300.00$ to 700.00$ product will do, so sometimes you have to run it down to feel better about your purchase. look in the dyna forum a guy just posted his e c u got cooked by a fuel pack the xieds won't do that! (i hope).

Old 08-22-2008 | 10:00 AM
tomahauck
Novice

Originally Posted by BCGlide
These XIEDS look rather simple. Sounds like I could (in theory) add them to my 07 w/slips and AC with no need for further add ons or tuning? And still have functionable O2's? Is this right? Sorry if this is asked before, this is a loooong thread!
I have XIEDs on my 07 Ultra, with SE AC and VH True Duals and VH Oval Slip ons, I also have the Stage 1 Download, My bike runs fantastic, As Cruiser says, I am One Happy Customer!
Tom

Old 08-22-2008 | 10:04 AM
tomahauck
Novice

frog 13 i believe people cannot fathom a 100.00$ or so product that does what 300.00$ to 700.00$ product will do, so sometimes you have to run it down to feel better about your purchase. look in the dyna forum a guy just posted his e c u got cooked by a fuel pack the xieds won't do that! (i hope).
I agree, I was leery until I tried them, As I've said before I'm very happy!

Tom

Old 08-22-2008 | 11:35 AM
BCGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tomahauck
I have XIEDs on my 07 Ultra, with SE AC and VH True Duals and VH Oval Slip ons, I also have the Stage 1 Download, My bike runs fantastic, As Cruiser says, I am One Happy Customer!
Tom
Good to hear. I'm running a PC3 right now; but, frankly, I do not plan on doing any further mods and think it may be overkill. I'd like a simpler solution which keeps the O2 sensor running. Maybe the XIED is the solution. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-22-2008 | 11:46 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by BCGlide
Good to hear. I'm running a PC3 right now; but, frankly, I do not plan on doing any further mods and think it may be overkill. I'd like a simpler solution which keeps the O2 sensor running. Maybe the XIED is the solution. Thanks for your input.
BC according to the New House Mother I am not suppose to recommend either product for an AC or exhaust. Not that I blindly just said go for it. What I did do is tell the person asking that I have run a K&N RK3909 AC with Rush slip ons (2" baffles)and the XIED's with great success. You decide from the information gathered here.

[B]Just a Happy Customer[B]

Old 08-22-2008 | 12:39 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by frog13
+1 So True! Honestly, this thread has worn itself out, what more is there to say about IEDs, XIEDs and VIEDs? They work as advertised, we got that. Now, with all this info and the contacts at NightRider, let's be adults, make our own decisions and move on. I will say this, though, Cruiser, you are one passionate guy when it comes to these things. What are there, like 2500 or so posts on a $100 part? It appears these NightRider products generate a lot more discussion than any of the other tuner products out there.
Yes I am a very passionate person. There's a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Think about it, when have you ever seen so much commotion over such a simple uncomplicated product. There are those who if they would have their way would deprive you and others of these products.

From the very beginning I never said I was a graduate of MIT in Electrical Engineering. I never got into the discussion of the schematics of these products. I was simply a Happy Customer who came back to share a positive experience.

The title of the thread is "IED, Field Test". I am not the one who deveated from the chosen topic to discuss electronic theory. What I am is a backyard Mechanic of almost 40 years. You don't have to know how to rebuild an alternator in order to replace one. Neither do you have to be an MIT graduate in order to talk about a product you have tried and like.

But most people see through all the smoke and mirrors and read the comments of actual real people who have tried the product and came back to post a few positive words about them.

Don't you get tired of the dealers who rape their customers by having them spend a thousand dollars on a Race Tune on a Dyno with the addition of only slip ons? I do, and that's where my passion comes from. For the average person who just spent Twenty Thousand What!! on a new Bike. Now someone is telling him he has to spend another thousand to get it to run right.

You know when I came up here the first time the longest running thread was about the Heat problem and the new Bikes. Did anyone else pick up the ball and try to help all these people? I am happy to say the heat problem is a thing of the past. Biggest thanks should go to Steve at Nightriders.

I'll step off my soap box now.

Just a Happy Customer.

Old 08-22-2008 | 01:41 PM
09fatbob
Cruiser

How many times do we have to say it.... Cruiser, again just real people with a good product, nightrider has fixed the problem and saved all of us some $$$$ to spend elsewhere.

Old 08-22-2008 | 02:36 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

How many times do we have to say it.... Cruiser, again just real people with a good product, nightrider has fixed the problem and saved all of us some $$$$ to spend elsewhere.
+1
Your quite right Fatbob.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test