Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008 | 08:30 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by HOGBOB
I've just had enough of Cruisers shilling and false statements.
First you and a few others accuse me of owning the IED's. Now it should be obvious that I have been telling the truth all along. I'm just a Happy Customer. As you have pointed out I don't possess the knowledge to design or build one. So my statements have been True. You can't have it both ways HogBilly.

How many people really know how a SERT works, or a PCIII for that matter? Very few I would imagine. But they know when there Bike is running good. It doesn't bother me that I can't explain the theory of relativity. I started this thread with the intention of making people aware of a less expensive alternative that does exactly as promised. That's always been my mission.

You freely admit that the IED's have their place. So we have that in common.

Just a Happy Customer....

Old 08-21-2008 | 08:48 PM
spmullen
Advanced

Cruiser is not, nor has never been associated with Nightrider in any way. This forum thread was started without any knowledge or support of Nightrider. Opinions expressed by Cruiser and other riders on this forum are completely unsolicited.

If I had not accidently signed on to the forum for another reason, I wouldn't have even seen this particular comment.

Old 08-21-2008 | 09:12 PM
spmullen
Advanced
Default 2009 FLH and IED/XIED

The IED/XIED products ARE NOT CERTIFIED FOR USE ON 2009 FLH's.
HD has made some very distinct changes in the ECM code for the FLH bikes as evidence by the -09a suffix on the software load. From an IED perspective, these changes are most evident during cold start and the transition from open loop to closed loop while the O2 sensor is warming up. For a 3-5 minute period, the idle is very erratic and the engine might stall. This is not up to Nightrider's high standards of quality. At this point in time, we will not knowingly sell or recommend the use of IED/XIEDs on any of the 09 FLH's.

No issues have been noted on the 09 Dyna's, Softails and XL's.

For riders that want more details, please contact us off-line. We will be looking for an 09 FLH specific IED solution, but for immediate needs FLH riders need to review other available solutions.

Old 08-21-2008 | 09:15 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

outta here.

Last edited by HOGBOB; 08-23-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2008 | 09:41 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default Happy Customer

Originally Posted by HOGBOB
A deleted post, and then name calling? Really Cruiser thats not very adult behavior. Sorry to have rattled you so. Maybe you should let Mr. Mullen sell his product, and give advice as to when it should or shouldn't be used. You obviously do not know enough about them or how they work to be offering your expertise to others. And that is of your own admission.
They say when you point your finger at someone you have one finger pointed at them, and the other three fingers bent pointed back at you.

I don't have to personally attack you as you have done to me.

I am doing no differently than any other member up here who bolted a product on their Bike and was so happy with the results came up here and started a thread to share their news. If we all had to be engineers in order to post about a product then there wouldn't be much to read about.

I won't be cluttering up this thread any more with these unrelated discussions. If you feel the need to discuss this further I suggest you PM me.

"Just a Happy Customer"

Old 08-21-2008 | 10:30 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

It's all your's.

Last edited by HOGBOB; 08-23-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2008 | 11:53 PM
BCGlide
Cruiser

These XIEDS look rather simple. Sounds like I could (in theory) add them to my 07 w/slips and AC with no need for further add ons or tuning? And still have functionable O2's? Is this right? Sorry if this is asked before, this is a loooong thread!

Old 08-22-2008 | 12:24 AM
midnitewolf
Advanced

I have read every post here and this is my conclusion .
most of the post's from the people using them have been
positive , so for $90 I am willing to try them before
spending hundreds on other fuel management systems
that also have positive & negative opinions .

Old 08-22-2008 | 05:22 AM
09fatbob
Cruiser

how many times can this be said, this post is about field tests!! not who has the biggest D*&K and knows the most about ecus, e equals mc2 who cares as long as it or they (xieds,ieds,or vieds) aren't causing your bike to turn honda.

Old 08-22-2008 | 06:12 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

And so the lesson ends!!!

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test