Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008 | 08:30 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by heywood727
Just received the VIED's yesterday and put them on the wife's Sporty. I only went for a little rip, but it is noticably running better after the initial run.

I set the front at 14.2 and the rear at 14.0. Heat is better than before and the bike isn't doing it's 3rd gear hunt as it was before.

The Sportster is running a stock A/C with V&H slipon's with quiet baffels installed.
At what RPM and situation (gear selection, going up or down hills...) do you most often notice the Hunting stock?

Old 08-20-2008 | 10:55 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by CR
@Steve
Both you and a number of other regular participants in this thread apparently have vested interests in tuning and/or after-market activities. From this perspective you are not able to accept that there is a quick and cheap fix in the form of (X)IED's for a number of problems associated with the O2 Harleys, even if they are applicable in only a limited range of stock and nearly stock engines (as accepted by a more broad minded steve mullen of nightrider). What is irritating however are insinuations such as above that other posters are purposely distorting data or even lying. They have no obvious (monetary) incentive to do so, which cannot be said of everybody
Well it looks like you have not read my post as I freely admitted they would help in some cases. As anyone can clearly see some are having good luck with them while others are not. I also pointed out that the idea is not new nor was it invented by Steve or Nightrider. I told you where they came from and what has already happened in the automotive side with the EPA and CARB. I do not see that telling the truth is a vested interest at all. As far as Whittlebeast claims all one needs to do is travel around the net and read what he has posted along the way about his Sportster and the changes he claims to have made and you will find what I stated is also true. His claims seem to change with the wind and whatever he is trying to push that day. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way but that's the way it is.

Old 08-20-2008 | 11:03 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Care to give an example? Right now the motor is totally stock. I have tried other combinations over time but the best overall motor combination that I have found to date is ViEDS (set to about 14 AFR ) in combination with all else stock. With the stock tune, it was a mess before the *IEDs.

Last edited by whittlebeast; 08-20-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-20-2008 | 01:29 PM
09fatbob
Cruiser

Steve cole is pushing his new product mastertune tts... put a fork in this and lets move on!!

Old 08-20-2008 | 01:33 PM
09fatbob
Cruiser

Cr u r right tired of all this xieds work my life is good

Old 08-20-2008 | 01:56 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Well it looks like you have not read my post as I freely admitted they would help in some cases. As anyone can clearly see some are having good luck with them while others are not. I also pointed out that the idea is not new nor was it invented by Steve or Nightrider. I told you where they came from and what has already happened in the automotive side with the EPA and CARB. I do not see that telling the truth is a vested interest at all. As far as Whittlebeast claims all one needs to do is travel around the net and read what he has posted along the way about his Sportster and the changes he claims to have made and you will find what I stated is also true. His claims seem to change with the wind and whatever he is trying to push that day. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way but that's the way it is.
Originally Posted by 09fatbob
Steve cole is pushing his new product mastertune tts... put a fork in this and lets move on!!
What part of the post is pushing our product? I just cannot believe anything Whittlebeast says he has done, as his post state differently at different times.

Old 08-20-2008 | 02:58 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
What part of the post is pushing our product? I just cannot believe anything Whittlebeast says he has done, as his post state differently at different times.
Steve, with all due respect what does this have to do with the title of this thread. Is there any pertinent information about an IED or XIED you have field tested. I don't jump into your TTS thread and discuss XIED's and I would appreciate the same courtesy and respect.

It's easy to see why some have drawn the conclusion that some people are in this thread for the sole purpose of disrupting it. Especially when there is money to be made by competive products.

Just a Happy Customer...

Old 08-20-2008 | 03:27 PM
09fatbob
Cruiser

Steve Cole, IT looks like these xieds may be stepping on your toes. thats why you bash them. Forgive me if i'm WRONG.like i stated earlier these work i have had a fuel pack and a pc III, Granted maybe the installers were wrong in some programming but... guess what all I did was plug these in just had a 1000 mile service and.... no codes had the bike checked : ).and a heck of a lot cheaper fix if the EPA POLICE EVER CHECK my bike is 02 good 2 go! and i won't be paying 500.00 us $ 2 mastertune or anyone else.

Old 08-20-2008 | 03:33 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

You guys are hilarious. I'll look later on tonight for sure. I don't believe Steve Cole has even mentioned TTS yet until you goaded him into it. I'm fairly certain he's never tried to sell one in this thread.

I got a chuckle out of somebody a few posts back who said Steve Mullen was a fair and impartial person compared to Steve Cole. Not a blast against either of them. I just thought saying it was funny.

Steve Cole: Listen, I've pretty much said already all that you've recently said. You can keep saying it if you want, I take it as affirmation, but it seems to go pretty much nowhere here.

Old 08-20-2008 | 03:46 PM
dhoward
Banned

Update: 500 miles into xIEDs, still running very well. MPG 46.3 on the last fill-up.
08 FXDL
Rush slip-ons, Stock A/C

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test