Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008 | 04:17 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Everyone keeps refering to 2010... what happens then?

Old 08-19-2008 | 04:40 PM
elpoman
Advanced

Another test to get my email alert to work.

Old 08-19-2008 | 05:04 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
Everyone keeps refering to 2010... what happens then?
The MoCo implodes!

2010 is the next round of more strindgent EPA mandadted emission laws. I'm just wondering how long HD can continue to use these motors and have them meet all the EPA requirements. They will have to continue to make them bigger to breath better for all the added EPA/CARB BS. I believe the V-Twin as we come to know it is likely on it's way out. I see it all the time in the auto industry. Good example of this, is my Dodge Cummins, thankfully I have the now old 5.9 motor, it has now been replaced with the Cummins 6.7, as the 5.9 has run it's course in keeping up with EPA requirements.

Old 08-19-2008 | 06:04 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by elpoman
Another test to get my email alert to work.

Mine doesn't work either!

Old 08-19-2008 | 06:31 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
On a hot day, my stock bike pinged like a can of marbles before I went to the ViEDs. Now I can't get it to knock. The only thing that was wrong was the stock tune and a lack of cooling.
Why is it in other threads you said you have tuned your bike with SERT? You've event gone so far as to post logs of before and after! If you have done as you have posted before then why was it pinging as you could not put back the original tune to check with, so it must have been your tune in the bike pinging. Something sure smells fishie again.

Old 08-19-2008 | 06:55 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Just received the VIED's yesterday and put them on the wife's Sporty. I only went for a little rip, but it is noticably running better after the initial run.

I set the front at 14.2 and the rear at 14.0. Heat is better than before and the bike isn't doing it's 3rd gear hunt as it was before.

The Sportster is running a stock A/C with V&H slipon's with quiet baffels installed.

Old 08-19-2008 | 07:16 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Why is it in other threads you said you have tuned your bike with SERT? You've event gone so far as to post logs of before and after! If you have done as you have posted before then why was it pinging as you could not put back the original tune to check with, so it must have been your tune in the bike pinging. Something sure smells fishie again.
Wrong again Steve

I purchased the SERT for the data logging capabilities and the ability to get and reset codes. The bike ECU is still totally stock.

The before and after logs are testing the *IEDs. At one point I had a Rinehart 2-1 but I am stock now and have been for some time.

Last edited by whittlebeast; 08-19-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-20-2008 | 01:56 AM
CR
Advanced

@Steve
Both you and a number of other regular participants in this thread apparently have vested interests in tuning and/or after-market activities. From this perspective you are not able to accept that there is a quick and cheap fix in the form of (X)IED's for a number of problems associated with the O2 Harleys, even if they are applicable in only a limited range of stock and nearly stock engines (as accepted by a more broad minded steve mullen of nightrider). What is irritating however are insinuations such as above that other posters are purposely distorting data or even lying. They have no obvious (monetary) incentive to do so, which cannot be said of everybody

Old 08-20-2008 | 05:53 AM
09fatbob
Cruiser

CR look up mastertune tts see whos who

Old 08-20-2008 | 08:13 AM
CR
Advanced

09Fatbob. That's the vested interests. I immediately believe he has extensive knowledge of EFI-systems and bikes in general, at least a lot more than I have, but that does not give them the right to unnecessary question the integrity of other peoples posts.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test