Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008 | 11:30 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
Here is an interesting data log... the o2 response is real similar to what I was getting with the XiEDs.
The O2 waveforms are similar in shape, but as expected, with the voltage divider they are not only lowered in overall value, but also in total range.

I see the integrator waveforms are not squared-off like they are with the *IEDs. Could you show us what the injector pulses look like for this log? Do they square off as they do with the *IEDs or do they remain sawtooth like the stock log did?

Old 08-17-2008 | 01:30 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by mikeurig
You guys need to move these graphs and theories to separate threads, cause now this thread is way off the beaten path and the average "Joe", like me, does not know what these graphs mean.
How about posting them in EFI101 ? I should post items related to my job that you wouldn't understand then you'll get what I mean!
Ditto what he said.

The whole purpose of this thread was to create a thread where owners who were using IED's or XIED's could post their experiences and results whether they be positive or negative.

Internet etiquette is the same in any forum you go on. You don't jump into an ongoing discussion and change the topic. That's called hijacking. What ever happened to respect and common decency?

There's a big button for all of you who feel compelled to discuss off topic subjects. It's called "New Thread". Then you can discuss whatever you like because you will host that thread.

You have your EFI101 thread now to discuss these things, how about giving the rest of us a break.

Thank You...

Old 08-17-2008 | 05:19 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior

2793 posts on the thread, 2793 posts, post 207 more and 3000 posts on the thread. Hehe, sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 08-17-2008 | 05:27 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior

It isn't clear to me if those swings is the sensor output are due to how the sensor functions with a constant afr or that's the ecm changing the fueling. Some of what I've read seems to say that's the ecm. That swinging the afr like that is needed for a cat to work correctly though there is no cat on a harley.

Old 08-17-2008 | 05:50 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

My post is a field observation and right on topic. In the croud I hang with, the simple answers are the ones that do not require a scope and diferential equasions to explain.

Old 08-17-2008 | 05:58 PM
LoMax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LilBudyWizer
It isn't clear to me if those swings is the sensor output are due to how the sensor functions with a constant afr or that's the ecm changing the fueling. Some of what I've read seems to say that's the ecm. That swinging the afr like that is needed for a cat to work correctly though there is no cat on a harley.
There is (was) a cat on my Cross Bones (Europe?). I changed it for an original USA exhaust before installing a set of XiED's. Would *iED's harm a cat? As a result of lowering the AFR? Open loop will also lower the AFR, and a cat has to live with that too.

Old 08-17-2008 | 06:18 PM
mikeurig
Road Master

Depends who is reading the posts, Well I looked up the words 'croud' and 'equasions' and couldn't find them in the dictionary.

Old 08-17-2008 | 07:46 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by mikeurig
Depends who is reading the posts, Well I looked up the words 'croud' and 'equasions' and couldn't find them in the dictionary.
Living with dislexica is tough. Most words do not look correct.

Old 08-17-2008 | 08:54 PM
diebolt
Cruiser

Glad to see they got this forum fixed.

I did a 1300 mile + trip last weekend and I got an overall mileage of 44 MPG traveling the mountain passes (Ebbetts Pass, Sonora Pass and Yosemite).

300 miles up and 300 miles back I did 46+ MPG with the bike loaded with camping gear at 70 MPH average.

Around home on freeway riding my best mileage is 37 MPG so I am very happy with my XIED's.

Old 08-18-2008 | 12:24 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Just think of the mileage you could've got without them! 6% less fuel used would've been almost 49 mpg instead of 46.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test