Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008 | 07:34 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nevil
I will do that. Since there is no fuelpak map for stock a/c (I have asked) do you think it will be ok to add the a/c without the fuelpak or will it be too lean? I put them on together this last time around.
It should be fine.

Old 08-07-2008 | 09:28 AM
elpoman
Advanced

From what I have read, the web sit is fixed, but I do not seem to be getting email alerts, about postings. Any body else having the same problems.

Old 08-07-2008 | 09:30 AM
elpoman
Advanced

Well maybe it is not fixed yet. took forever to download.

Last edited by elpoman; 08-07-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-07-2008 | 09:44 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by elpoman
From what I have read, the web sit is fixed, but I do not seem to be getting email alerts, about postings. Any body else having the same problems.
Go to the user cp at the top and check your settings

Old 08-07-2008 | 11:47 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Daddio
I have been following this thread and purchased my IED's last week. Question for everyone with IED's...What spark plugs are you using, brand and model? The dealer had put in a cooler plug on my back some time back to reduce some pinging....I'm wondering if I should go back to stock plug now.
I pulled my plugs after over a thousand miles with Xied's,front plug is light tan,rear is a shade lighter,perfect,so I simply installed new stock HD plugs (gapped at .041") along with a new stock air filter.My 07 FXD runs perfect with this setup and is stock except for SE slipons with the fibre packing removed.

Old 08-07-2008 | 12:31 PM
SoCal Ultra
Advanced
Default IED - Spark Plugs

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
I pulled my plugs after over a thousand miles with Xied's,front plug is light tan,rear is a shade lighter,perfect,so I simply installed new stock HD plugs (gapped at .041") along with a new stock air filter.My 07 FXD runs perfect with this setup and is stock except for SE slipons with the fibre packing removed.
That is what I was figuring, The plug that was put in my Ultra is listed as a V-Rod plug. They looked ok after a 150 mile ride with the IED's, but I went back to the stock plug. Will ride again this weekend on about the same route and check them out again. The V-rod plug definatley looks different than the stock plug. Smaller electrode/ tip. I have a similar setup as you, stock A/C, V&H slipons, IED's (just installed).

Old 08-07-2008 | 01:22 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by elpoman
Do as Rider57 suggested and go into UserCP, then "edit options". All your email notification options are in there.

Old 08-07-2008 | 07:58 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

cruiser - i have my first 1600km inspection due - had XIED;s since bought SG in June. should i remove them and let bike run 2 weeks before going to HD dealer ? Bike has reflashed ECM due to SE heavy breather when i purchased my SG. All i did since june is add V&H Ovals - wondering how it will run with no XIED's. Will HD dealer wonder why my plugs may look richer than AFR should be 14.1 vs 13.8 ? Dont want warranty issues with HD. In general Bike runs great.. any suggestions ? anyone remove XIEDS from stock and tun bike and compare after 300Kms and did any HD wonder why plugs are not to lean ?

Old 08-08-2008 | 02:33 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by papifun
cruiser - i have my first 1600km inspection due - had XIED;s since bought SG in June. should i remove them and let bike run 2 weeks before going to HD dealer ? Bike has reflashed ECM due to SE heavy breather when i purchased my SG. All i did since june is add V&H Ovals - wondering how it will run with no XIED's. Will HD dealer wonder why my plugs may look richer than AFR should be 14.1 vs 13.8 ? Dont want warranty issues with HD. In general Bike runs great.. any suggestions ? anyone remove XIEDS from stock and tun bike and compare after 300Kms and did any HD wonder why plugs are not to lean ?
If it were me I wouldn't be going to the dealer, but since you are I would pull the XIED's off right before you go. If your worried about the plugs change them out and throw in a new pair right before you go also. I wouldn't worry too much about it. These guys have all they can do just to change the oil.

Old 08-08-2008 | 06:20 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master

It takes about 200 miles for the ECU to home back in if you remove the _IEDs so if you remove them right before you go in it may run for *&*$^ at first and the dealer may find the ADV all out of wack and worder whats going on. Welcome to screwing with things still on warrentee.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test