Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008 | 01:18 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

OK guys get the gloves.

Old 08-01-2008 | 07:17 PM
heywood727
Road Master

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Andy did you ever see that commercial were a Man is being interviewed and he has a Big Stain on his shirt that distracts the Interviewer.Blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah.[8D]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Now That was funny.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Just got back from a 6 day 1650 mile round trip through the beautiful NW part of your country. Montana ( Logans pass) Sandpoint, Hwy 20 Washington, then back up through BC and over the Rocky Mountains back to Alberta.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Not a ping or a miss anywhere. The bike pulled strong from 50 mph up. Still a very happy camper. The wifes new Sporty did great as well. She had the best time riding her own for the first time.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
More soot from the front cylinder than the back, but that's expected since it's cooler.
&nbsp\\;
Worked out with all the mountain climbing 65 mph average......... 43.58 M/gal or 5.397 liters/100 km's

Old 08-01-2008 | 08:57 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior

Your service rep is a bit suspect. The higher the heat the lower the pressure required for detonation. If you are only getting detonation after prolonged idles then EITMS might keep the temperature low enough to stop it. Otherwise the correct answer to pinging is to correct your timing. The SEST will not allow you to correct timing on a stock bike. That is because it does not provide maps for stock bikes and does not allow you to download the current map off a bike. You need a minimum of the high flow ac to do anything with the SEST but log data or dyno tune the bike.

Old 08-01-2008 | 09:48 PM
bikergar
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Andy did you ever see that commercial were a Man is being interviewed and he has a Big Stain on his shirt that distracts the Interviewer.Blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah.[8D]
Cruiser
&nbsp\\;
Glens appears to be offering objective information about your product and what it might or might not be doing to the inside of our engines. The only thing you offer when he posts is whining and name calling. We have over $20000 invested in our bikes and to some of us this is a lot of money. We deserve to know if there is a chance your product can do harm just as we deserve to know about its successes. As you so often suggest I think YOU should go back and reread this entire thread. Along with all the positives and successes there are plenty of problems (To which your favorite answer&nbsp\\;seems to be&nbsp\\;"you must have an exhaust leak"). If Glens says something that is wrong quit whining and rebute him. He's not peeing on your parade, he's offering up information so that we can make objective decisions.
&nbsp\\;
bikergar

Old 08-01-2008 | 10:02 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Bikegar it is not my product I am only a happy customer.I do not care what Glens does as long as he leaves me alone.I broke off communications with him but he just will not leave me alone.Like I said you need to go back and read the thread over again then you would know it is not my product and would also know that I told Glen I would not post to him any more.

Old 08-01-2008 | 11:49 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

My XIED's should be here first part on next week. If it's a bust, I will surely let you know!

Old 08-02-2008 | 02:15 PM
LoMax
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: bikergar

.Glens...offering objective information about&nbsp\\;....... it might or might not be doing to the inside of our engines ..... so that we can make objective decisions.
He is guessing, insinuating, might (will it or will it not?), and he will not stop, just because in this thread he has a (stolen)&nbsp\\;audience.
ORIGINAL: Rider57
Just tore down the stock 07 FLH models we had for testing. The damage caused by detonation was severe to the heads and piston tops. I could understand 1 bike with problems. But this is on all of them.
Now this is objective information. And if your objective decision is to leave things the way they are, no problem, it is your 20000 dollar bike.
The question weather&nbsp\\;the (X)iED will make things a little richer in open loop, as a result of the enrichment in closed loop? Even if they do, things will still be lean enough as they are.

&nbsp\\;

Old 08-02-2008 | 02:35 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BlockHead96

My XIED's should be here first part on next week. If it's a bust, I will surely let you know!
Alittle positive thinking would not hurt.How about letting us know how much you love them.

Old 08-02-2008 | 02:51 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Rider57
Just tore down the stock 07 FLH models we had for testing. The damage caused by detonation was severe to the heads and piston tops. I could understand 1 bike with problems. But this is on all of them.
Now this is objective information. And if your objective decision is to leave things the way they are, no problem, it is your 20000 dollar bike.
The question weather&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;the (X)iED will make things a little richer in open loop, as a result of the enrichment in closed loop? Even if they do, things will still be lean enough as they are.&nbsp\\;
[/quote]
Hi Lomax.Just for clarity the engines Rider57 refers to were not the result of using an IED or XIED.He works for the EPA.I'm sure you knew that.This is for those who dont know who Rider57 is.

Old 08-02-2008 | 03:04 PM
LoMax
Intermediate

I am sure that if the bikes had the XiED installed in the first place, there would not&nbsp\\;have been&nbsp\\;so much dammage to start with. I have been reading many posts of The Rider, and I think he knows what he is talking about.
My XiEDs will stay on my ride...
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test