Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008 | 09:07 AM
Rider57
Road Captain
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

Thats what Im saying. The sert and Digital Tech states that writes those values. The ETV system I use says those values are not being used it the AFV. It is a computed value from the ecu just like the AFR. Thats why we dont use the sert or Digital Tech.

Old 07-31-2008 | 05:11 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, thanks anyway for trying to say something, but I can make neither heads nor tails out of what you wrote there.

Old 07-31-2008 | 05:31 PM
dropone
Supporter

[sm=bicker.gif][sm=outcold.gif]

Old 07-31-2008 | 06:33 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

Thats what I get for trying to multitask. The sert and Digital Tech states thats what is there for those values and everything you get in the way of info from the manual says what those values do. The ETV system results say that they are having no effect.They are computed values so of no use to current or present conditions. Thats why we dont use the sert or sest or Digital Tech at the lab. Too much data that is of no use.

Old 07-31-2008 | 06:40 PM
RoadTramp113
Advanced

After reading all the posts theres a question I must ask...does glens work for the MoCo, EPA or CARB? All his opposition to the IEDs just seem to mirror the company line which is to push the download. I can do without the 6200 readline and since all it does is help maintain the 14.7 AFR. it doesn't seem worth it. Has he even read the data or is he just so channeled to the downloads that he doesn't want to even consider that it's a viable and effective option?
Was at the dealer today and asked what I can do to help cool the engine. It seems to me that the only to make it run cooler is the WBO2 set-up and a PCIII (expensive) or the IEDs (practical). The service manager said I didn't hear it from him but the IEDs work so that's the way I'm going.

Old 07-31-2008 | 06:51 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

I have heard of many dealers making that same statement. They want happy customers that will come back when the economy is better.glens does not work for the EPA. I do.

Old 07-31-2008 | 07:11 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

I really believe there are people on the thread who do not even own a bike blasting this product, its a shame, because plain and simple they work.&nbsp\\; Thanks Cruiser

Old 07-31-2008 | 09:51 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I do not work for the EPA. I do not work for the MOCO. I have been accused of being a MOCO shill before. I wish it were true. I do not officially work anywhere for the past year. I am in the middle ground between overqualified and underqualified and cannot find a job in or near Podunk, Indiana. Anybody have anything for me?

Here are a couple of pics I just took with the only imaging device I have. It is a $100 Motorola pre-pay phone. They were taken in an unlit garage. The speedo shot should show 015272 miles. It is my 07 FLHRC in pearl white w/ blue. I took delivery 08 June 2007 with 9.something miles on the odometer.

I do not push the factory downloads. Except if you want to run a factory-qualified Stage One setup with your precious *IEDs.

My only agenda here is to try my best to inform y'all how your current-generation EMS works so you can hopefully decide to do things right.

If you look at the aftermarket parts listed by Cruiser-whatever-number you will see what I have on my bike, except that in place of the *IEDs I have a Power Commander USB to correct the fueling for those breathing parts.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36555/429CDC2BE08E47DFAE1462B14E186F12.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36555/6F9FDC29C0D742F8B8378CAAD45663DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2008 | 10:47 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ballpeen

I really believe there are people on the thread who do not even own a bike blasting this product, its a shame, because plain and simple they work.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Thanks Cruiser
Your very welcome Ballpeen.&nbsp\\; Its odd how for the first 2/3 of this thread it was the best bang for the buck.Then along came our dear friend who does not even own one and he has since been on a mission to dissuade people.They do work as you and I know.They work very well.

Old 07-31-2008 | 11:12 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: glens

I do not work for the EPA. I do not work for the MOCO. I have been accused of being a MOCO shill before. I wish it were true. I do not officially work anywhere for the past year. I am in the middle ground between overqualified and underqualified and cannot find a job in or near Podunk, Indiana. Anybody have anything for me?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
glens, maybe this is the best opportune time to become self employed, obviously in the automotive field, ie\\; Motorcycles! I believe you would be successful!
&nbsp\\;
As for these IED's, I'm the biggest skeptic around, because of my situation with a new bike that pings, I ordered a set of IED's. I want to try it for myself to see if it in fact helps reduce or eliminate my ping, before I go letting the dealer download the heat reduction program. I just can't see how shutting down the rear cylinder when at idle is going to help the ping. I will report if they do anything for me, as I am an opinionated individual!

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test