Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008 | 04:30 PM
bikergar
Cruiser
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

Cruiser
Your promotiom of the IED's was one thing your defense is quite another. On a almost stock, slipons only, 07 UC there is an improvment on my bike of 5th and 6th gear roll on with the IED's. I had a great running bike before the IED's and I was trying to cool it down. Based on what you posted "I find that hard to believe after my latest experience with the nightrider IED's which run 14.2 and cooled my motor by as much as 100 degrees"&nbsp\\;I purchased a set and I have been disappointed. They have not cooled the bike at all. I have since taken them off because I don't know if they are hurting the inside of my motor and based on your recent posts I don't believe you know either.
&nbsp\\;
bikergar

Old 07-27-2008 | 04:47 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: glens

Rider,

I think I see the information you are wanting to exhibit in your attempted data post above. There is something you need to consider. You will not get accurate results at WOT when you simply slap in the different stuff without sufficient running time following the changes. The AFV-altering mechanism is fairly-well damped.
I do not get the results from the ecu. It comes from the ETV test equpiment. Much more accurate. It also shows true running conditions and AFR. Test riders put 500+ miles on the bikes before they come back to the lab after any change to the system.

Old 07-27-2008 | 05:10 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bikergar

Cruiser
Your promotiom of the IED's was one thing your defense is quite another. On a almost stock, slipons only, 07 UC there is an improvment on my bike of 5th and 6th gear roll on with the IED's. I had a great running bike before the IED's and I was trying to cool it down. Based on what you posted "I find that hard to believe after my latest experience with the nightrider IED's which run 14.2 and cooled my motor by as much as 100 degrees"&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I purchased a set and I have been disappointed. They have not cooled the bike at all. I have since taken them off because I don't know if they are hurting the inside of my motor and based on your recent posts I don't believe you know either.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
bikergar
My 100 degree difference was switching from one fuel mngt. to the IEDs.&nbsp\\; I am still running the XIEDs, I have no fear.

Old 07-27-2008 | 05:15 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Bikegar go back and read my original post.&nbsp\\; I tested with a TVII then went to the IED.&nbsp\\; I never said I tested the Bike stock and got a 100 degree difference.

Old 07-27-2008 | 05:18 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

It is impossible to defend anything up here with all the errors I get trying to post a decent response.

Old 07-27-2008 | 05:51 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

The afv tables have presets on the high and low limits.Once those limits are hit the system goes to openloop.Resetting the tables does no good as they are changed within 3 minutes of starting the engine.

Old 07-27-2008 | 07:42 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Glens I do not have a degree from Barnes and Nobles.I do have close to forty years experience of turning a wrench.Knowing if your bike is running too lean or too rich is not Rocket Science.There are lots of indicators.Look inside the exhaust or look at the plugs.Do you notice more vibration.Is your exhaust loud and popping or soft and mellow.What is your fuel mileage doing.I see absolutely nothing to cause me concern on my bike.It runs better now with the XIEDs.Until I see something to be concerned about I will use them.

Old 07-28-2008 | 12:01 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bikergar

Cruiser
Your promotiom of the IED's was one thing your defense is quite another. On a almost stock, slipons only, 07 UC there is an improvment on my bike of 5th and 6th gear roll on with the IED's. I had a great running bike before the IED's and I was trying to cool it down. Based on what you posted "I find that hard to believe after my latest experience with the nightrider IED's which run 14.2 and cooled my motor by as much as 100 degrees"&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I purchased a set and I have been disappointed. They have not cooled the bike at all. I have since taken them off because I don't know if they are hurting the inside of my motor and based on your recent posts I don't believe you know either.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
bikergar
&nbsp\\;
Your bike ran better and not any hotter.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;And you thought they might be damaging the inside of your motor. How?

Old 07-28-2008 | 12:57 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: kylant

... a complete tune ... will cost ... $550 for the super tuner and $450 for the dyno tune ... Or $650 for the thundermax or similar plus the cost of a laptop (at least $400) (I have macs!)
Macs have a method of running Windows apps, I thought. You think you have it bad, I run Linux.

I don't have $1000 extra lying around to put into the bike right now, but I can spend $100 if these work ... What dan I do?
You can spend less than $300 for a PC-III with a custom map preloaded and with double the factory warranty if you deal with fuelmotousa.com

You will forgo closed-loop operation, but the setup works extremely well.

Old 07-28-2008 | 01:00 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

/dev/null

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test