Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008 | 07:09 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

I'd love to know how you can write a post on here without any problems.&nbsp\\; Yeah, yeah, I read your comments.&nbsp\\; They don't work for me.&nbsp\\; I can't effectively respond back till they fix this forum.

Old 07-26-2008 | 07:18 PM
diebolt
Cruiser

I have tried for days to post with no luck

The way I got this to work is to first post a message with one word "test"

Then go back and edit to add more to the post.

Old 07-26-2008 | 07:21 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr. Lucky

What is going to happen the first time you disconnect/replace the battery? Dont the values get reset?
That has been discussed recently in another thread. I do not know if it does or to what value it would if it did, I never had the ECU disconnected from the harness a sufficiently-long time and had/have no way to read them myself. What I did likely did not get them to 100%, rather to an adequate value for the conditions and fuel I was using that day. Until the new TTS tuner, from the makers of the SERT, the only way to read the values was with an H-D Digital Technician. The new tuner is evidently able to read/reset the AFVs now, too.

Old 07-26-2008 | 07:47 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

I'd love to know how you can write a post on here without any problems.
I have an uncanny ability to figure out technical things. Not so great with people...

Lose the apostrophes and you will have better luck. Notice also in the attached image file how I have my incoming proxy re-write the pages from here to clean up the text before I ever see it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36555/BB68004A0DAE453FADB1FF5132F2A381.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-26-2008 | 08:24 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: glens

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

I'd love to know how you can write a post on here without any problems.
I have an uncanny ability to figure out technical things. Not so great with people...

Lose the apostrophes and you will have better luck. Notice also in the attached image file how I have my incoming proxy re-write the pages from here to clean up the text before I ever see it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36555/BB68004A0DAE453FADB1FF5132F2A381.gif[/IMG]
What do you mean by incoming proxy?&nbsp\\; I have tried everything Glens and I cannot get it to work.

Old 07-26-2008 | 09:54 PM
loc
Cruiser

I have some XIED's for sale. Just installed Super Tuner today because I plan on going to cams and 103 inch in the next month or so. email is tmpgh at comcast dot net. I will do a fair price for you. These were on the bike for about 1000 miles.

Old 07-27-2008 | 12:26 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: loc

If you had the option of SERT with Canned Map or XIED. Aside from money, what is the better choice and why. Assuming bike is stock now but going to 103 and cams in the winter...
The SERT, hands down. Why? Because you will be able to properly use the ECU to its fullest capabilities. Just be sure that the parts you have assembled are specific to the canned map if you are not going to use a dyno to accurately populate the VE tables to your parts. I do not know what the map you have in mind is for. You will have to determine its appropriateness without my help at this time.

Old 07-27-2008 | 12:29 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: loc

I have some XIED's for sale. Just installed Super Tuner today...
Ha! I did not look at the most recent version of this thread before submitting that last post... Smart choice, congratulations!

Old 07-27-2008 | 12:46 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, we are getting pretty far afield from the topic, now...

Did you like the presentation of your post in my image? I am stuck on dial-up where I live. I have a web-cache behind another program which re-writes incoming pages as I direct it. Various things done for various sites. For this one, I have it remove run-on combinations of apostrophes and have it convert the bastardized HTML entities back to their original forms. Notice the double spaces between your sentences in my image. Really cool stuff, but well beyond the scope of this forum, let alone this thread. If you think my previous posts were too technical you really would not like me to expound further on this.

Old 07-27-2008 | 12:09 PM
kylant
Road Captain

advice needed.

i have an 08 rocker with v&h big radius pipes. the rest is stock. the bike is hot... plug readings done last night after a ride, temp about 95*, shows very lean. plugs were white.

i eventually will do an intake and full tuner upgrade, but money needs to be spent on other things right now.

will xieds temporarily richen me up? temporary band-aid fix for the leanness? or is there something else i should do?

when tuner time comes, should i get the Super tuner and have a dyno tune done, or get the Thundermax with auto tune? they are about the same cost

thanks

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test