Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008 | 07:59 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

Ok, I have been biting my tongue long enough. I am sure I will be accussed of being someone I am not but will take the gamble. I have 07 WG and just had to try xied's. Bike ran perfect and not broken and you all know the saying. The xied's made no difference at all but left them on for 2000 miles. Just went on 2500 miles ride and took them off just in case of warrantee problems before the trip. Surprise, surprise, My bike actually runs better without them but not a big difference. I guess I am just on of the lucky ones that got a perfect running bike from day one. And before you ask, I have been riding Harleys for 40 years and know how they are supposed to run. My 07 is by far the best of any I have ever riden or owned.
&nbsp\\;
Currently own\\;
70 Shovel
88 flht
07 FXDWG
Previously owned
62 FLH
80 sportster

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:01 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: StargazerXT12

I've spent most of the day reading this stuff and have a question..
Should I go with the 02 IED or the XiED for my 883c?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Everything is stock except the Rush Slip ons. Thanks.
ViED's would be best.

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:11 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: perki48

Ok, I have been biting my tongue long enough. I am sure I will be accussed of being someone I am not but will take the gamble. I have 07 WG and just had to try xied's. Bike ran perfect and not broken and you all know the saying. The xied's made no difference at all but left them on for 2000 miles. Just went on 2500 miles ride and took them off just in case of warrantee problems before the trip. Surprise, surprise, My bike actually runs better without them but not a big difference. I guess I am just on of the lucky ones that got a perfect running bike from day one. And before you ask, I have been riding Harleys for 40 years and know how they are supposed to run. My 07 is by far the best of any I have ever riden or owned.
Your Bike Ran perfect but you bought the XIED's anyway.&nbsp\\; They made no difference, but you left them on for 2,000.&nbsp\\; Except now your bike runs better without them.
&nbsp\\;
My turn to bite my tongue.

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:30 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Yes it runs better without them. I did as Ryder57 suggested and removed them to notice diff and out of concern for warrantee issues while on 1 week over 2500 mile trip. I just turned out that my bike ran better without them. Others may run better with them. But as i suspected if anyone reports negative or neutral results you seem to ridicule them. Thats ok, while you sit at your computer some of us will just go ride some more. A fiield test should beo open to positive, negative, or neutral to be an effective test.

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:46 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Go back and read all the responses, they are not all positive.&nbsp\\; No one was ridiculed, in fact help was usually offered to try to get their problems corrected.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:54 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Actually Perki your post is a bit confusing.&nbsp\\; You put them on and didn't notice any improvement in performance but&nbsp\\;when you took them off you did?

Old 07-24-2008 | 08:58 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Cruiser
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Ok, if your response about biting your tongue was in fun then you recieve my apology. I have nothing against the xied's and if I ever make any changes to exhaust or intake they may be of benefit to me. They just didn't seem to help my stock WG at all. But as I said they may help others and that is great. But you have seemed to be a bit touchy lately to reports so sit back, relax, and make your thread as enjoyable as it was for the first 50 or so pages. Have a great evening.

Old 07-24-2008 | 09:07 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Jimmers\\;
&nbsp\\; I am sorry it seems confussing but thats the way it seems. No big change when I put them on but not unhappy with them. Took them off and the bike seemed to run a bit stronger. (nothing drastic) But without Dyno who can say for sure. As I just told Cruiser I have nothing against them and am not discounting that they may in fact help lots of bikes but don't seem to help mine. But other than a slight knocking sensation for the first few hundred miles which has now disappeared (due to break in?) I have been very lucky with my WG and had none of the issues that others are reporting.

Old 07-24-2008 | 09:15 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: perki48

Cruiser
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Ok, if your response about biting your tongue was in fun then you recieve my apology. I have nothing against the xied's and if I ever make any changes to exhaust or intake they may be of benefit to me. They just didn't seem to help my stock WG at all. But as I said they may help others and that is great. But you have seemed to be a bit touchy lately to reports so sit back, relax, and make your thread as enjoyable as it was for the first 50 or so pages. Have a great evening.
My apologies if you took my stab at humor the wrong way.&nbsp\\; I had an 07 WG right before my current Bike.&nbsp\\; The WG is a great running Bike.&nbsp\\; Have a good evening.
&nbsp\\;
Dave

Old 07-24-2008 | 09:50 PM
peapodcv
Cruiser

I am not getting much improvement with the xieds with stock
air box and slippons. the bike ran good before and still does only
mpg is now down. Any recomendations?

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test