Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:48 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs

Billybud
&nbsp\\;
You are the perfect canidate to&nbsp\\;install these things.&nbsp\\; You will love them.&nbsp\\;Give the bike about 100 miles to home in and you will be good to go.
&nbsp\\;
AW

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:49 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

Glens,
&nbsp\\;
I'll follow Steve at Nightrider and Rider57 long before I will listen to your fairy tales.&nbsp\\; At least they back up what they say, something you have yet to do.&nbsp\\; This was a very constructive and positive thread until you came along.&nbsp\\; Go start your own thread.&nbsp\\; Leave us alone.

Old 07-17-2008 | 05:31 PM
billybud
Advanced

Loyalty to a product is nice...but let the techies post, too.&nbsp\\; Quit carrying on and it won't go back and forth.
&nbsp\\;
I've learned stuff I'd not known, or even heard of, by reading these techie posts.&nbsp\\; Some goes flying over my head even though I really spend time trying to understand.
&nbsp\\;
It doesn't detract from the thread...if you could stop being so "possessive" about defining just how this thread goes..it seems to have gottne personal.&nbsp\\; And it really shouldn't.
&nbsp\\;
I don't have a dog in the fight...I just want to know..
&nbsp\\;
What they do, how they do it, what does it effect, unintended consequences, etc...it is all good.
&nbsp\\;
I have learned enough by reading these posts to give the things a try (I was very hesitant to try this on my bike).&nbsp\\; Since riding this bike is akin to working&nbsp\\;on the pouring floor of a foundry, I was worried about any more accidental leaning of the AFR.

Old 07-17-2008 | 05:37 PM
billybud
Advanced

I see that Night Rider predicts about a 20-25 degree difference at the head pipe....Is that enough to feel or make a difference?

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:21 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

Just my 2 cents worth..&nbsp\\; Installed Cobra Duals, Rush 1 3/4 mufflers and the XIED's, no sert, stock air filter, and the bike does have a JAGG 10 row oil cooler. Oil temps are down in fact it stays around 210 F on the oil temp gauge the bike is&nbsp\\;more responsive... And heres the best part..... We were at the dealer we bought it from last Saturday, I was telling the head machanic about the mods and the XIED's,&nbsp\\; he&nbsp\\;said could we pull my plugs and take a&nbsp\\;look at them,,&nbsp\\; when he did, he said they were some of the best looking plugs he had seen,&nbsp\\; in fact he thought I was shi**ing him, and&nbsp\\;wanted to know&nbsp\\;who did the sert for me..&nbsp\\; You have to love it... TIm&nbsp\\; My sig. pic is old and does not show the duals or Rush mufflers.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:29 PM
billybud
Advanced

No fuel mgmt?...going to duals and Rushs didn't lean you out?
&nbsp\\;
I guess since your AC was stock, you aren't putting more air through the system.

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:41 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

ORIGINAL: billybud

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I guess since your AC was stock, you aren't putting more air through the system.
&nbsp\\;
This is the 4th time Im trying to reply to you,&nbsp\\; It keeps kicking me out,,&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Anyway no other fuel management besides the XIED's

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:43 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

ORIGINAL: billybud

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
The mechanic told me the duals have more back pressure on them than the stock set up,&nbsp\\; Its working for me.&nbsp\\; Tim

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:46 PM
billybud
Advanced

Thanks Tim...

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:52 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

[sm=popcorn.gif][sm=rant.gif]

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test