Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 12:57 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs, Field Test

But why do you want two threads talking about the same thing?

Old 07-17-2008 | 01:03 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

One can be a technical discussion directed by you.&nbsp\\; The other which is this thread will continue as simply the users experiences documented, whether good or bad.&nbsp\\; Each thread has it's purpose and place.

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:18 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257
Most guys pull out plugs that are still almost totally white, it sure wouldn't look that way if the Motor was running too Fat.
Since you brought it up...

The color of the readily-visible part of the center electrode insulator is not indicative of mixture. It is indicative of sparkplug heat range. Do you have soot accumulated on the base of the threads, the part that is directly exposed to the chamber?

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:20 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Furthermore, the place you want to check a plug for mixture is right where the center insulator meets the metal, down inside. About 1 millimeter-wide soot ring is ideal. Have not seen pictures posted yet of that area.

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:44 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Glens, you asked a question, I answered it.&nbsp\\; You ignored my answer then proceeded to do exactly the opposite.
&nbsp\\;
"One can be a technical discussion directed by you.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The other which is this thread will continue as simply the users experiences documented, whether good or bad.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Each thread has it's purpose and place."
&nbsp\\;
Why do you insist on changing my chosen topic?
&nbsp\\;
Start your own technical discussion.&nbsp\\; I'm sure many of the people here will gladly participate in your own thread.

Old 07-17-2008 | 03:06 PM
tomahauck
Novice
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs

I've had the IEDs on for about a week now. The bike runs fantanstic. I for one am a big fan!

Old 07-17-2008 | 03:17 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: tomahauck

I've had the IEDs on for about a week now. The bike runs fantanstic. I for one am a big fan!
Thanks for your feedback.

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:21 PM
billybud
Advanced

Wait...you go to closed loop at 15% throttle at low RPM?
&nbsp\\;
What is "low" in RPM?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I am often diddling at 2000...is that low?
&nbsp\\;
I had 40% locked in my head...

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:24 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257
Why do you insist on changing my chosen topic?
You were the one that brought sparkplug color into the discussion. You just did it a few posts back. Have you forgotten? If you do not want it discussed, then do not initiate its discussion!

This is really absurd. You are stacking one modification on top of another, each requiring specific fueling correction. Yet you are reluctant to do what is necessary. I do not care what you do with your engine. Evidently you do not either. I have been trying to show you. You do not care. I get it. Please do not extend your irresponsibility by publicly trying to talk others into joining you.

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:29 PM
billybud
Advanced

A friend has installed a TMAX and removed his IEDs and is allowing me to test his IEDs..(for possible resale).&nbsp\\; We'll put them on this week end.
&nbsp\\;
I want to cut down the heat level on my 2008 SG...completely stock, the bike is very hot here in Florida, &amp\\; it stumbles sometimes coming off idle.
&nbsp\\;
I really, really want to cut down the heat, and I really want to keep my performance or improve it.&nbsp\\; I have been diligently reading this forum and it appears that no damage will be done by installing these things (my primary concern).&nbsp\\; If I run a little fat, than the only thing that would appear to suffer would be performance.
&nbsp\\;
Running leaner has been my primary concern...that just might fry this two wheeled broiler.&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test