Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008 | 05:09 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Duxsrus, Steve is pretty quick about shipping. I ordered them on a Friday and he said he was going to try to get them out before the weekend. Not only did he get them out but I had them on Monday.

Old 02-29-2008 | 05:11 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Website says on sale until 3/1/08.

Old 02-29-2008 | 05:24 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

Ok. It's Friday and I am off early. Back to testing different combinations of IED, potentiometer on the Cyl.Head Temp sensor and the relocated IAT. Ran out of time this week. (had to work, 4 letter word!)
Will keep you all posted.

Old 02-29-2008 | 07:28 PM
sportyslr
Intermediate

I just received my IEDS. I talked with Steve at Night rider and he said that the IEDS and the PC3 with the O2 Eliminators removed would compliment each other. So I removed the elimiantors the Bike runs like crap started it up goosed the throttle and it was sputtering like crazy. SHould I remove the PC3 and run the IEDS alone? I have an 07 RK with VH ovals and Arlen ness big sucker and the PC3. No other mods. Still gets real hot haven't checked the temp but here in central cali it gets real hot real soon here and wanna get the heat down. Hopefully this will work or it's time to spend more money and get an oil cooler and a new fuel management system.

Old 02-29-2008 | 08:07 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain

I was told that the ideal setup with the ied's would be a stage 1 ecm download for open loop, ied's for the closed loop, and use a k&n airfilter in stock airbox.

Old 02-29-2008 | 09:16 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Sportyslr:

It sounds like Steve is figuring his IED's will take care of the closed loop mode, and the PC3 will handle the open loop portion. So that's why he is saying to remove the O2 eliminators and add his IED's.

No telling what the map for the PC3 is set at.

Try running the bike without the PC3, no O2 eliminators and just add the IED's. Probably best to talk to Steve again. Something doesn't sound right here.

Old 03-01-2008 | 01:05 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: fastbagger

I was told that the ideal setup with the ied's would be a stage 1 ecm download for open loop, ied's for the closed loop, and use a k&n airfilter in stock airbox.
Just curious who's your source?

I wish we could run a poll to see who has the IED's and stage one download, versus who just has the IED's. Then take some temperatures. It would be nice if we could document the advantage or disadvantage of themysterious stage one download.

Everytime I go into a dealer around here (and we have 5 of them) I ask a different person behind the service counter what exactly does a stage one download do? I don't think I have received the same answer twice.

Old 03-01-2008 | 10:11 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

Do they still do the stage 1 download? I heard it had gone away. I'm thinking getting some of these for my 08 ultra. Runs real good but is like riding an oven in stop and go traffic. Maybe these would help. I need to do something before summer hits. Got awhile yet to figure it out. I've been following this post and will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the information everyone.

Old 03-02-2008 | 02:34 AM
heywood727
Road Master

It took about 2 weeks for the IED's to get to me in Canada. US postal was useless in tracking. I've put them in now that my bike is here. I more or less figured out that they go in-line.

Since I have the BUB 7's installed, they have the 02 sensors routed differently. Is there really suppose to be that much extra wire?? The front wire was all over my oil filter.

I started the bike and it hasn't thrown any codes, so I guess that's a good sign? I only put 4 miles on it today. The snow and cold came back tonight so it might be a bit before I can get it out again.

I did notice that it has a small hick-up at start, then again, I think I have to get some miles on it so the ECM can learn the curve of the alltitude and riding style. It has a grand total of 17 Klm's on it. Not enough to see anything yet.

Old 03-02-2008 | 06:19 AM
Mr. Clean
Cruiser

cruiser85257:
Since my last post, I still have the stock A/C on, the SE street legal slip-ons and the O2 IED's.
My thinking is that I am going to remove the IED's, have the dealer do the Stage I download. Then I will reinstall the IED's and my SE A/C.

However, I am going to Daytona on Tuesday and will talk to a few of the fueler vendors and make my final decision when I return.

Assuming I go with the Stage I download, I will runsome more temperature tests and post them on the forum.

Here are the additional tests I am planning:
Test 4: Stock A/C, SE slip-ons, no IED's
Test 5: Stage I download, Stock A/C, SE slip-ons, no IED's
Test 6: Stage I download, Stock A/C, SE slip-ons, IED's
Test 7: Stage I download,SE A/C, SE slip-ons, no IED's
Test 8: Stage I download,SE A/C, SE slip-ons, IED's

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test