Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008 | 04:58 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IEDs

That is my point. Obviously the sensors are spending the bulk of their time at the higher voltages they can produce. The curves are lowered in scale by the voltage divider, as well as compressed. But look at the symmetry of the stock swings. They never get clipped off at the top because of reaching the limits of the sensor. On the other charts, they are all lopped off at the top and/or very asymmetrical. The median voltage is much closer to the top than it is on the stock chart. They are swinging out-of-range. All headroom has been used up.

Old 07-12-2008 | 05:39 PM
billybud
Advanced

aa

Old 07-12-2008 | 05:42 PM
billybud
Advanced

oops...
&nbsp\\;
I really appreciate the input from all the posters.&nbsp\\; I have been wading through these pages attempting to learn what XIEDs will and won't do for my bike.
&nbsp\\;
I do not appreciate the attempt to shut down those who do not drink the XIED Kool Aid..it has the appearance, in several cases, of shilling for Night Rider.
&nbsp\\;
This is an open Harley discussion site..and ALL input should be welcomed for it all adds to our knowledge base.
&nbsp\\;
Thank you for your forbearance.

Old 07-12-2008 | 06:50 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Nobody is trying to shut down anyone.&nbsp\\; Forums have rules to keep peace and to allow everyone their right to speak their mind.&nbsp\\; They also have rules that you don't hijack a thread and talk about whatever you please.&nbsp\\; The original author of this thread chose the topic.&nbsp\\; Then some people decided to change the topic.&nbsp\\; Please understand that they have the same right as the original author to go start their own thread and discuss what ever they please, just not to do it within an existing thread.
&nbsp\\;
I don't make the rules, I just try to follow them and show respect to my fellow members.
&nbsp\\;
They can start a new thread and discuss kool aid, or XIED's till the Cow's come home.

Old 07-12-2008 | 10:10 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Nobody is hijacking anything here. This is discussion directly pertinent to the *IEDs.

Andy, can you please find the time to datalog a set of standard IEDs? I know you know what that entails and that it will require some time. Just as soon as you have benchmarked the variable units, please?

Linearity in response/capability is entirely related to sufficient headroom being maintained.

Old 07-12-2008 | 10:47 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Something is messed up on this site.&nbsp\\; I keep hitting "conection problem"

Old 07-12-2008 | 11:28 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Glens,
&nbsp\\;
You portray yourself to be an intelligent Man.&nbsp\\; It's common knowledge on the Internet that you don't jump into someone elses thread and change the topic at your will.&nbsp\\; It's common rules of forum ettiquette.&nbsp\\; But you already know that.
&nbsp\\;
For the last time would you please go start your own thread and discuss it there.&nbsp\\; I'm not telling you not to discuss it, just simply have the decency and respect not to take over my thread and change the topic on me.

Old 07-14-2008 | 12:22 AM
MotorMedic
Advanced

C'mon Glens, you're making my head hurt. You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy (or "wikid smaht" as us Bostonians would say). If you've tried the (X)IEDs in one form or another and thought they sucked, then you could post that or NOT. The graphs are cool (not posted by you either).

Old 07-14-2008 | 12:36 AM
MotorMedic
Advanced

Give us a break and start your own thread. I can't deal with another asymetrical median voltage headroom clipped waveform. Geez, go for a ride and then start your own thread.
Joe

Old 07-14-2008 | 10:20 PM
kennyd42
Intermediate

Ok, I been messing with the XIED"S and VIED'S for weeks. Don't have any real test equipment except my feel for how the bike runs. Rode about 200 miles here in the mountains of East Tn and Western NC Sunday without either installed. All I can say is I should have taken them with me. I would have stopped and put them on. They do make a very noticeable difference on my bike. Low end power is much better, never really had a heat problem but I can tell it runs cooler. As far as the codes go the VIED's would set a code at there lowest setting on my bike, no codes without them. I put the XIED's back on and am leaving them on. I think Steve has a good product and is the best bang for the buck.
&nbsp\\;
2007 Electra Glide Classic
Vance and Hines Basic Slipons
XIED'S

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test