Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008 | 12:40 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Thats awesome Labfreak.

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:06 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: smokin

The IED's that I put on my 2008 SG will only effect the AFR during idle and steady cruise - correct? What about the IAT relocation? The same - or does it richen the AFR 100% of the time?
The theory seems pretty simple - if the ECM "thinks" it's cooler out - it would richen the mix.
Why haven't we all already done this? What's the downside - if any
Sorry - lot of questions but it's 22 degrees with 8 inches of snow in NE Ohio - not much else to do
=Smokin
From what I can see it will richen it upto 75% throttle.

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:31 AM
cspcrx
Tourer

The only down side is from a tuning arguement. If you wanted to tune the motor to get every last ounce of HP out of it you would want the sensor closer to the motor. Since rich or lean would not be an issue because you could tune that out. Haveing a reading of the temp as close as possible to the head gives you a little better idea of what the chambers are seeing at the time of burn. But with that said, it still really wouldntmatter because you could tune either way to get the desired results. Has anyone put a sniffer in the pipe to see how much this changed the AFR?

Old 02-29-2008 | 12:41 PM
duxsrus
Advanced

I've been following this thread as I have been wanting to do something about the heat issue on my '07 Fatboy before the warm weather gets here. I have a set of Rush 2" slipons with the stock AC right now. I'm not really much into the performance aspect of going with pipes, fuel management and a H/F AC as the bike can go from zero to the speed limit plenty quick enough for me. So I think the IED's will fit the bill. I do notice a lot of low speed surging right now that hopefully will lessen when I get the IED's on. So thanks for all the information you guys provide!!!

Old 02-29-2008 | 01:54 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Duxsrus,

The nightrider IED's are the perfect cure for your requirements. I don't think you'll regret it. Make sure to come back and report after you put them on and let us know how the Bike runs.

Old 02-29-2008 | 02:26 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Interesting discussion. I may pick up a pair of these for my '08 RK. Used to have an '06 Dyna with V&H's straighshots, SE intake and PCIII withO2eliminators. Installation of the PCIII took some work but it ran great. Fuel Moto has some great maps they give you.

But I like this idea as it keeps me using the O2 sensors and stock ECU and costs is only $70. Definitely going to change the slipons. I've always liked the look of the round air cleaner so that has to change so an SE intake or similar will probably be installed as well.

Thanks toCruiser and others for posting their experiences with this product.

Old 02-29-2008 | 02:50 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cspcrx

The only down side is from a tuning arguement. If you wanted to tune the motor to get every last ounce of HP out of it you would want the sensor closer to the motor. Since rich or lean would not be an issue because you could tune that out. Haveing a reading of the temp as close as possible to the head gives you a little better idea of what the chambers are seeing at the time of burn. But with that said, it still really wouldntmatter because you could tune either way to get the desired results. Has anyone put a sniffer in the pipe to see how much this changed the AFR?
he AFR went to 13.4:1 from 13:7:1 on my 07 RG.

Old 02-29-2008 | 03:01 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

13.7 to 13.4.1. Wow, that's pretty significant.

Old 02-29-2008 | 03:46 PM
duxsrus
Advanced

Will do cruiser. I don't have an IR thermometer to use as a basis but I'll definately let you know how they do. BTW, how long does it take their shipping?

Old 02-29-2008 | 05:00 PM
74XLH 08FXSTC
6th Gear

I think I might have to plug a set of these in on my new softail custom. just ordered a set of v&H
straightshot hs slipons for her. I like the relocating the air temp sensor to fake the ECM with a denser intake charge. How much will relocating the sensor change the A/F ratio?Are the IED's still on sale this week?

Thanks, BeerGhost

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test