Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

CSPCRX:

If you read on Namz site, it says right on there "NAMZ has teamed with Nightrider Performance to bring you an inline enrichment device or Oxygen Sensor IED that does just that."

Nightrider created it and is seeking a patent. Namz is a distributor for them it appears.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
cspcrx
Tourer

I have to work on the reading thing.
Left to right
Top to bottom
Letters form words
words form sentences

I did not notice that the prices was per pair. Then that makes it even better.
Is there enough in the stock map though to keep up with a stage one. Or, would you get even more if you did both the download and these IEDs?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

I have asked the stage one question here as well as other forums as to exactly what does it do. I never got an exact answer. I take that back, it increases your rev limiter to 6200. Other than that people were speculating with answers like timing. They obviously can't richen the bike up for EPA reasons. So to answer your question, I don't have a clue. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe it will add some benefit.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:17 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll have to see. I'm getting the stage 1 along with the Rinehart TD's - cross over. I have the Stage 1 on the 02 and have no complaints.(then again I might not miss what I don't know) I did Look at the Terry TV which is $600 here, FI200 02 for $395.( I know I can get it cheaper online......I like my Indy and don't mind throwing him a bone to keep him around)

I have seen your posts Cruiser and I too am looking for a simple plug and play system that works well. My HD doesn't have to be a world beater, I just want it to run better, cooler, and react better without breaking the bank. I'm in no way cheap.... I just want value for my $$$ and messing around with maps and tuners is time I would rather ride with.

Some say SERT,PCIII,ThunderMAX, The new system that Steve Cole is producing..... everyone has a favorite. Not sure which one is the Magic Bullet.. I guess it depends on what one wants?

My other concern is how the systems react with the Fly BY Wire and ABS systems? Warranty outside of the SERT? Keep us updated the more you play. I enjoy your objective looks on these products you've been using. Really.... for $79..... to do what I'm looking for might be it? Better to be pissed at $79 vs. $799

Thanks again for the heads up.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:25 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

Thats $79.99 for a pair(2 each)Regards,Tom
ORIGINAL: cspcrx

Now that I think about it whats a better choice?

$160 for these?
$150 for the stage 1 down load?

Or will you still have the same heat issues with the down load? Is there anything the down load gives that these dont?

Sorry at the point of needing to do this so I thought I would ask.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

THEY ARE ON SALE NOW FOR 69.99 W/FREE SHIPPING BECAUSE ITS BIKE WEEK.Regards,Tom
ORIGINAL: TOMCENTRAL

Thats $79.99 for a pair(2 each)Regards,Tom
ORIGINAL: cspcrx

Now that I think about it whats a better choice?

$160 for these?
$150 for the stage 1 down load?

Or will you still have the same heat issues with the down load? Is there anything the down load gives that these dont?

Sorry at the point of needing to do this so I thought I would ask.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:50 AM
cruiser85257
Road Master

Thanks Heywood,

I feel exactly the same way you do. My days of fussing around are long ago. I don't want the fastest bike on the block, just the best running all around bike.

I have a love hate relationship with the TVII. I love its simplicity. Love the easy way it hooks up. In a lot of ways it did make the Bike run better. Fuel mileage was never higher. But there was something going on with the last unit I had that just made it run too lean and the engine too hot. It's odd though, because not all the signs of running lean were present. It didn't pop on decel. It didn't surge at low speed. But those temps I got off the heads were too high, and my spark plugs were too white.

The TVII Tech tells me the bike should be running in the upper 13's. I find that hard to believe after my latest experience with the nightrider IED's which run 14.2 and cooled my motor by as much as 100 degrees. They agreed with no hesitation that my unit was not working right and authorized its return immediately. I have a friend who has an 08 with the fly by wire and he just ordered a TVII. I'll let you know how me makes out.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

ORIGINAL: heywood727
My other concern is how the systems react with the Fly BY Wire and ABS systems?

Thanks again for the heads up.
I have a set ordered for my 08 Street Glide, I will let you know how it works out.

Later
Barry

Old 02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks barrygreen Appreciate it.

Here's the funny part. In past threads I have been kicked around a little for defending the TVII and what it does.
I know... I read that complete post...it was funny. Maybe not from your side.... but sitting on the fence was like watching a tennis match.

Cruiser..... when you get you TVII back, are you going to post a comparison on the two systems??? I'd be really interested on getting a real life honest review. The only other system I've been looking at is the FI2000. Due to the warranty issues and how dealers try to pin things, I am in the market for something that can be removed should there be a problem. The Magnuson thing doesn't hold water in Canada.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

Heywood, if I ever get a good TVII that works as they say it should you'll be the first one to know. This will be my last attempt. I'm a patient Man but my patience is wearing thin these days.

I think what I'll do is run it up to the local Dyno and just have them do a few simple tests to give me a true AFR. If it's not what they tell me its suppose to be then it's time for a refund.

If so my next adventure will probably be the LC1's from Nightrider. I like dealing with Steve. He's a very passionate Man about his work and his follow through is excellent. The IED's were exactly what he said they would be. His shipping is second to none. I spoke to him late on Friday and he said he would try to get it out before the weekend. Not only did he get it out, but I had it on Monday....unbelievable. That's the kind of people I love to work with.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test