Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008 | 08:01 PM
diebolt
Cruiser
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

ORIGINAL: badbs101

Is it enough of a problem that you would not recommend getting them?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I assume they still work correctly?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;I am considering an '08 touring bike and thought these would be a great way to cheaply cool the bike down.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
BTW, do you prefer the XiEDs over the Ieds?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
I would not hesitate buying the XiED's and putting them on your bike. The XiED's work much better than the IED's

Old 06-06-2008 | 08:08 PM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

NO CODES But,I went from 34-36mpg w/xIEDs to 42-44mpg w/IEDs.I am also running a fuelpak w/V&H true Duals,JET a/c stg1 download.Regards,Tom I will probablly sell the xIEDs

Old 06-06-2008 | 08:42 PM
sigmoid
Cruiser
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED'

Interesting Tom, I have a Dyna and had the same experience. I don't have the fuelpak but my mileage with the XIED's was very poor, not too bad with the regular IED's. People seem to be getting results all over the map in regards to fuel economy. Maybe it comes down to how heavy a throttle hand you have.

Old 06-06-2008 | 08:46 PM
Bud White
Intermediate

I hope to get a set of these soon . I have a RKC 08 and rode it today still breaking in the engine and i though i was riding a fire place man was it hot hit 93 degrees today with high humiity stopping even for 30 seconds was brutal ..

Old 06-07-2008 | 06:15 PM
pstew
Advanced

I was running xieds on my 07 street bob with screaming eagle slipons and stock a\\c but they seemed to be causing my bike to die when I would come to a stop. Other than that they worked great. Any ideas would be great because I would like to put them back on the bike.

Old 06-07-2008 | 07:08 PM
Zieg
Advanced

Got the xied setting in the garage and hoping to get them on this weekend and adding rush 1.75 next week.&nbsp\\; Will hopefully be back with some good news about no codes, lower heat and great performance.

Old 06-10-2008 | 02:36 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

diebolt,
&nbsp\\;
I also have an 08 Ultra.&nbsp\\; Right now it's stock except for the XIEDs.&nbsp\\; Which codes are you getting?&nbsp\\; I assume they are the O2 "lean" codes?&nbsp\\; If I understand this correctly, that would mean the XIEDs are doing what they are supposed to do.......right?????????
&nbsp\\;
Going for a ride tomorrow and will take some temps.&nbsp\\; From testing the $19.95 - $29.95 IR thermomentors in the store, they don't appear to be too accurate.&nbsp\\; If I am within 10 degrees or so&nbsp\\;of what everyone else is getting, I am gonna call it good.
&nbsp\\;
Mike

Old 06-10-2008 | 05:23 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer

Rider57 ,I recall a few pages back in this thread you mentioned you might be testing some cams with the use of the XIEDS,was wondering if you ever got around to doing this ,I am contemplating a cam swap and if I could get by with my XIEDS without having to get a sert would be a real bonus.

Old 06-10-2008 | 06:40 AM
diebolt
Cruiser

mike5511,
&nbsp\\;
Yes the codes are the 02 lean codes that I am getting. If I clear them and run without the XiED's they do not come back. I would say that you are right in that they are doing their job and that is why the codes are showing up. Let us know what temps you are getting after your ride.

Old 06-10-2008 | 10:37 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

OK .....After all this reading I just ordered a set of the Xied from Nightrider....hope I have the same results as the rest who have given their positive input. Will find out soon.....

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test