Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008 | 08:41 PM
djhrln
Cruiser
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

I ran fuelpak for a year on my 07 1200R, SE/AC and SE slip-ons. Never really liked the way it ran, a little rough, especially doing a roll-on from 3k rpm. I just switched to XIED's and stock/AC. It's still hot, but much smoother running throughout rpm range. Low rpm range much snappier, I can even take a corner in second gear without feeling like I'm lugging it.

Old 06-04-2008 | 10:48 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Since I have put on the heavy breather an now the Rush slipons I have been first just with the intake been getting an occasional pop when up shifting from 1st to 2nd. With the pipes I still get that ocassional upshift pop and then some decel pop. I took off my xieds tonight to just try out how it was. I got no upshift pop at all no decel pop at frist, but once the bike warmed up then I got it.... May leave them off for my commute tomorrow and get some oil temp readings too. I am also getting a P1356 Rear Cylinder NO combustion EFI code but did not get the lean codes after riding with out the IEDs and did before I pulled them off. Any idea why I am getting the NO combustion code? It is running strong with and without the IEDs - does just one misfire set of this code???? If I wasn't reading codes I would have no idea.. When it cools down I will pull the plugs and take a look a them Thanks!!! OH one more thing when I do the diagnostic PSSPTb&nbsp\\; any one know what the b codes are?

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:59 AM
diebolt
Cruiser

bikebehaviorist,
&nbsp\\;
Here is the code retrieval&nbsp\\;procedure and all the listed codes and what they mean.
&nbsp\\;
http://personal.linkline.com/cdesigns/Error%20Codes.pdf

Old 06-05-2008 | 10:03 AM
elpoman
Advanced

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist

Since I have put on the heavy breather an now the Rush slipons I have been first just with the intake been getting an occasional pop when up shifting from 1st to 2nd. With the pipes I still get that ocassional upshift pop and then some decel pop. I took off my xieds tonight to just try out how it was. I got no upshift pop at all no decel pop at frist, but once the bike warmed up then I got it.... May leave them off for my commute tomorrow and get some oil temp readings too. I am also getting a P1356 Rear Cylinder NO combustion EFI code but did not get the lean codes after riding with out the IEDs and did before I pulled them off. Any idea why I am getting the NO combustion code? It is running strong with and without the IEDs - does just one misfire set of this code???? If I wasn't reading codes I would have no idea.. When it cools down I will pull the plugs and take a look a them Thanks!!! OH one more thing when I do the diagnostic PSSPTb&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; any one know what the b codes are?
I asked the same question, about the b codes, and it seems to have something to do with the ABS system.&nbsp\\; I got a C1095 error code, and had to ask around on the forum, about it , and found out it was a front brake switch code.&nbsp\\; I have cleared it, and am waiting to see if it comes back.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008 | 10:05 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain

Thanks Diebolt was looking for those codes.&nbsp\\; Doc

Old 06-06-2008 | 12:14 PM
badbs101
Road Master

How many IED/XiED users with '08 models are getting error codes.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I've read about it and am wondering how common it is and if it is just the XiEDs or both the IEDs and XiEDs that are causing the problem.

Old 06-06-2008 | 12:52 PM
diebolt
Cruiser

I am getting them with the XiED's on a regular basis. I didn't check for the codes when I ran the IED's so I don't know if it threw codes then. 2008 Ultra, see sig info.

Old 06-06-2008 | 01:35 PM
badbs101
Road Master

Is it enough of a problem that you would not recommend getting them?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I assume they still work correctly?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I am considering an '08 touring bike and thought these would be a great way to cheaply cool the bike down.
&nbsp\\;
BTW, do you prefer the XiEDs over the Ieds?&nbsp\\;

Old 06-06-2008 | 03:36 PM
elpoman
Advanced

I thank it depends on witch bike you have .&nbsp\\; I have the o8 Ultra, and am getting the codes.&nbsp\\; Talked to Steve, and he thanks I may have an exahlt leak.&nbsp\\; I&nbsp\\;can not&nbsp\\;find a leak.&nbsp\\; He also does not believe that the lean codes are going to hurt the bike.&nbsp\\; I used the IED's on my Ultra, and didn't see much impovement.&nbsp\\; My temps went down, once I put on the XIED's.&nbsp\\; I figure I'll take the XIED's off and clear the codes, when I take the bike into the dealer, for work.

Old 06-06-2008 | 04:39 PM
Rider57
Road Captain
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED Field Test

I have test this problem and have found the the codes are errors that occur on startup.
The AFR's with the XiEd's are, infact, 13.8:1 at cruise rpms and 14.2:1 with the IED's at cruise rpms.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test