Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 08:09 AM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Two weeks ago I bought an 08 EGC and have logged 600 miles.
New engine break-in is a painful and slow process for me.

Last Thursday (5-22) I read all 42 pages of postings about the
IED and XIED. I ordered the IED and it arrived yesterday (5-27)
as I plan to keep this bike stock for a while.

As I completed installing the rear device a freak cold front rolled
into Houston dropping temps 15+ degrees in seconds. Not to be
out done I went for a ride and could tell there was a bit better
throttle response. I ride aggressive and the engine break-in is
where I can begin to have fun. Lots of shifting and throttle.

As the front moved out and warmer temps returned I could tell the
heat had been reduced when sitting at traffic lights. Sunday the temps
here were mid 90's and the heat off the engine was significant.

While the IED is not a cure all for less than $100 the IED will give a
bit of throttle response and does attenuate the heat for a stock bike.

Will report back after more miles.

Great thread.

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:03 AM
hdflyer76
Intermediate

Well another XiED user that is very happy with the results. I have a new 2008 Ultra with 350 miles on it and it is completely stock. Here in California we have the stupid catalytic converter in the exhaust, so the temp's are even higher than most of the country. Rode it about 40 miles tonight and noticed that the temp against my right leg is significantly reduced since I added the XiED's. I plan on keeping the bike stock, and now with the XiED's I don't need to make any additional changes. Big thanks to Steve and his great product for allowing me to make a simple five minute change and now i have a very rideable bike that I did not have before the XiED's.

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:03 PM
TMART
Road Master

Just put the IED's on my 07 king,with Rinehart slip-ons.Bike is alot cooler running,better throttle response and the Rineharts seem deeper and louder.I still have the stock A/C on it.
Great product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry

Old 05-29-2008 | 03:36 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mike5511

Steve,

That is what I wanted to hear! I have a SE Air Filter ordered, K & N doesn't have a RK3909 listed to fit an 08 last time I checked. I will probably go with V&H ovals, or a newslipon from Khrome Werks. Don't know much about them (Khrome Werks) but haveheard good things and they have a new3.5" muffler outfor cruisers/touring that has been described as sounding like the old 396SS Chevelle ascompared to the family sedan.......if you are old enough to remember that.With XIED, I don't plan on doing anything else.

Mike
I would check with K&N, it just might have not been updated on the site yet.

396 SS Chevelle, now your talking. My first brand new Car was a 68 SS Camaro with the 396 (350 hp), close ratio four speed and a 456 posi rear straight out of the factory. They were making some *** kicking cars back then. Do you remember the Yenko Chevies from Long Island? 427's with aluminum heads, and thats just for starters. The price for my new Camaro was $3,200. Wish I still had that car now, it would be worth a small fortune. Thanks for the memories.

Old 05-29-2008 | 03:49 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

K&N has a direct replacement for the stock filter as well as the complete big air kit.

Old 05-29-2008 | 04:49 PM
lngbrder
Novice

I bought a 2008 Crossbones back in March and put the XIEDS on it about 3 weeks ago , I am getting the P0131 and P0151 codes ( low voltage from the O2 ). I realize that the XIEDS lower the voltage so the fuel injection richens... correct ?, But I thought it would see the voltage drop and just send more fuel without getting codes. Would somebody explain this to me please... I have checked to make sure they are pluged in correctly. The bike does seem to run cooler

Old 05-29-2008 | 05:04 PM
diebolt
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lngbrder

I bought a 2008 Crossbones back in March and put the XIEDS on it about 3 weeks ago , I am getting the P0131 and P0151 codes ( low voltage from the O2 ). I realize that the XIEDS lower the voltage so the fuel injection richens... correct ?, But I thought it would see the voltage drop and just send more fuel without getting codes. Would somebody explain this to me please... I have checked to make sure they are pluged in correctly. The bike does seem to run cooler
Rider57 posted this when I asked about those codes. It is on page 42 about 1/3 down the page.......

Even stock configurations are showing these codes.
It looks like the are being stored during the start cycle before the engine actually starts. MOCO is looking at the issue and is aware of it.

Old 05-29-2008 | 05:05 PM
Donny
Road Captain

"Don Yenko" Chevrolet was in Canonsburg, PA. and was the only place to get a Yenko chevy.I guess nowit's "Yenko Honda". sorry cruiser, but my girlfriend insisted I correct you.(She knows all theyenkopeople, I guess)
Back on topic...My XIEDs were shipped yesterday, and now I'm just pacingI spent most of the day taking temp readings to compare after I install them.

Old 05-29-2008 | 05:22 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Donny

"Don Yenko" Chevrolet was in Canonsburg, PA. and was the only place to get a Yenko chevy.I guess nowit's "Yenko Honda". sorry cruiser, but my girlfriend insisted I correct you.(She knows all theyenkopeople, I guess)
Back on topic...My XIEDs were shipped yesterday, and now I'm just pacingI spent most of the day taking temp readings to compare after I install them.
I learn something new everyday. Thanks to your Girlfriend. You'll love the XIED's.

Old 05-29-2008 | 06:50 PM
elpoman
Advanced

ORIGINAL: lngbrder

I'm getting the same codes with the XIED'S, on my 08 ultra. I clear the codes, thentake them off ,and I do not get them. PutXIED's back on and start the bike, still know codes, them I run the bike down the road a little and they come back. I have tried to see when, or if the check engine light come on, and I never see it. I talked to Steve and he thinks it's a small exhaust leak, but I can not find it, and I'm not going to tear the whole exhaust off, trying to find it,for some useless codes.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test