Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:45 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Ran with the xieds today. front temp 280 rear temp 352 after 100 mile jog. Outside conditions 90 degrees and 90% humidity. Cruiser are those figures in the ball park?

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:48 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

Additional info: 07 street glide with rinehart slip ons, se airfilter and stage I download. Rear cylinder temp seems a little high.

Old 05-26-2008 | 09:45 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

Thanks guys that will do the trick don't know why the Moco didn't finish this job!!! [:@]

Old 05-26-2008 | 10:29 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

Just checkin it's too late now anyway but it's ok to bend any part of the XiED except the center right????

Old 05-26-2008 | 11:25 AM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: rjmac53

Ran with the xieds today. front temp 280 rear temp 352 after 100 mile jog. Outside conditions 90 degrees and 90% humidity. Cruiser are those figures in the ball park?
Compared to my own results the rear cylinder is running Hot. I typically saw a difference of about 20 degrees between front and rear. I see we are both running Street Glides. You even have the stage one download. The big difference is our climates. Your in 90% humidity and I am in 18%.

Try switching the front to the rear and visa versa and see what happens. The rear might not be working. From what Rider 57 has said it is so critical that you have the connectors connected properly.

Try the switch and tell me what happens.

Old 05-26-2008 | 12:00 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

now - i dont even have my SG yet and i am spending $$... is this normal...??

Question - putting in the Xied for my 2008 SG... if i install TD's from V&H.. since i have the SE cone Air filter and paying for the extral Flash programming , can i just add the TD's ? or do i need to have the SFI computer programed again by HD dealer. I dont want to go the with the Fuel pak... any suggestions ?? will the Xied's do the job for the TD;s add on ?

I think the stock pipes just wont make it sound right....

Old 05-26-2008 | 01:36 PM
scotsport
Advanced

ORIGINAL: loc

Have XIED's on 08 Ultra with Rush SLips. Debating to go V&H fuelpack or not, or SE or K&N air cleaner. If I add the air cleaner I would imagine it would lean it up....

Main question is the V&H for open AND closed loop?
It may be overkill, but I have the FP and IEDs. They work well together - seemless.

Grateful for a advice as a happy IED user - is it worth upgrading to the XIEDs? Just bought the standard IEDs a couple of months back and all is well. Is it a case sometimes that more is not always best? I notice that on the Nightrider site, it's suggested that the XIEDs suit a more agressive riding style. I'm more of a plodder and cruiser with only the occasional blat!

Thoughts please.....

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:10 PM
rsofa
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

ORIGINAL: rjmac53

Compared to my own results the rear cylinder is running Hot. I typically saw a difference of about 20 degrees between front and rear. I see we are both running Street Glides. You even have the stage one download. The big difference is our climates. Your in 90% humidity and I am in 18%.

Try switching the front to the rear and visa versa and see what happens. The rear might not be working. From what Rider 57 has said it is so critical that you have the connectors connected properly.

Try the switch and tell me what happens.
If they were not plugged in all will it throw a code? I pushed mine i tight until they snapped together and the bike is running great now
way better low end power...I don't have a thermometer to check the temps..

Old 05-26-2008 | 08:37 PM
rhj
Cruiser

Well I joined the XIED Club and all seems to be well. I have a 07 Dyna Lowrider with 1.75 Rush Slip Ons, otherwise stock. The install was pretty easy. Removing the seat gave great access to the rear connector and I found it easier to remove the voltage regulator to gain access to the front connector. Hope this may help other Lowriders. I'm in Florida so heat is always an issue. I had some popping on decel after the Rush pipes but that's all gone now. I'm pleased with the performance and last fill up gave 46 mpg which is about where I was before. Sounds great and running well. Thanks to all who have posted and hoping the heat will decrease as well, my wife feels it's cooler which is great. I do feel it ran slightly hotter after the Rush pipes prior to the XIEDs. Lets go ride.

Ray J
Black Dyna 07 Lowrider

Old 05-27-2008 | 11:36 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Rode two up last weekend for the first time with the xied's installed,makes the power increase even more noticable with a load.(hope my wife doesn't read this)

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test