Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008 | 10:41 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master
Default RE: RE:IED'S

Steelryder,

I have enjoyed reading everyones response. But I have to say that I really enjoyed reading yours. Ever think about writing?

Welcome aboard!

Just a Happy Customer,

Dave

Old 05-19-2008 | 11:39 PM
zoopman
Road Master

Well I said I'd give ya a report as I recieved the Xied's today and put them on. I'm using the Xied's with the fuelpak. I'm also using the big sucker A/C with 2.25 rush slip-ons--no hd download. My bike is an 07 FXD. As others have said--I noticed a smoother steadier idle. The idle seemed a bit lower also. I still seem to have some surging but less of it. I have not checked my plugs yet but will do so after some more miles. The big thing I did notice was LESS heat around my right leg. I feel good knowing that I am now covered in the closed loop area. -----Another satisfied Xied member. Thanks guys.

Old 05-19-2008 | 11:49 PM
SteveXL
Advanced

All I gotta say is that was the fastest shipment I have ever received from the East Coast. I ordered my XiED's on Friday and received them Monday! I finally got around to installing them which was rather easy. The only problem I ran in to was installing my new K&N RK-3909 Air Cleaner Kit. It was missing the back plate! Well, guess I will have to give AutoZone a call and have them get me a new one or I could call K&N and have a new plate sent out. Anyhoo, the XiED's made the bike startup so much quicker and it only had to stay above 1100rpm for about 3 seconds versus about 15 before. I am going to leave them on as I still have my new Vance & Hines Basic Sli-Ons and boy, the decel noise is so much smoother and there is much more power avail under 2000rpm. I can actually cruise without making tons of noise and without fear of stalling. Thanks Nightrider for the fast shipment and great product!

Oh, btw, I have a Gen1 XiED. I'm not sure of the difference between the Gen2, but it is fine. I would probably reconsider the design to make it more flexible and idiot proof when it comes to breaking the resistor leads. Other than that, everything is great.

Old 05-20-2008 | 12:03 AM
TC96Rider
6th Gear
Default RE: Extremes

Got mine on Thurs.; if you see this Steve, great service! Installed on Friday, took me an hour though. Soft-tail, 2007 Heritage, had to work around oil cooler on the front and due to location of rear connection (tight under oil bag) had to remove the battery for easier access. No big deal though. My bike didn't have the surging or pinging so I couldn't say much about that; however the idle was a tad smoother and the heat drop was noticeable, just what the doctor ordered! I did install the K&N 3909 air kit at the same time, needed to let her breathe some, previously had installed slip-ons. Over all I would have to say it was the best $100.00 spent. We had 90 degree temps. here in WA. last week, oil stayed below 230 and head temps. averaged about 310; a good 20 degrees cooler than without the Extremes. Still might try synthetic oil haven't decided yet. Mobil 1 or Amzoil, one better than the other? Satisfied at last!!

Old 05-20-2008 | 12:12 AM
SteveXL
Advanced
Default RE: Extremes

Heat drop was definately noticeable. It was 100 degrees around 9pm so I decided to ride in shorts which was probably dumb, but, oh well. Anyways, I would've probably burned my legs and ankles without the XiED's. It was a rather cool ride for such a hot ambient temperature. Also, I am runnin Amsoil 20/50 in the Primary and Engine. Amsoil Severe Gear 75/90 in the Transmission.

Old 05-20-2008 | 04:12 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Your engine light comes on but there's no codes ?

Mike

Old 05-20-2008 | 07:47 AM
Rider57
Road Captain

I still have all the results of the tests for both IED's and XiED's.
I am just finishing up with the same tests with different aftermarket cams for Steve. Little slow on this as I am down to 1 mechanic with 1 on vacation until the end of the month.

Old 05-20-2008 | 08:04 AM
Jessie
Cruiser

I just installed and it's raining so can only say that Idle is lower and smoother will up date later ! Steve How did you ship it5 on Saturday and get it here on Monday ? You must Have a lot of clout ! Thank you again Steve you are a true Gentleman

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:09 AM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser

I received my XIED's on Saturday and finally installed them on Monday night. Made the bike feel like an entirely different bike and the idle is more distinct sounding. I'm able to roll on the throttle at 1500 rpm's with no bucking, snorting or farting like before. Engine is cooler running also. My next improvements will be the K&N RK-3909 and FuelMoto's modified Rush or Blackjack slip ons. One of my wish list improvements was to add the IDS that I'm not going to do now because the XIED's have dampened out vibrations in the drive train. Thank you Steve, Cruiser85257 and Rider57 for all of the hard work and research done to make our bikes a better running machine. I'm running Mobil V-Twin 20-50 in the crankcase and Mobil1 75-90 in the transmission.

In fact the bike runs so good now I'm taking 2 more days off from work to go ride.

Old 05-20-2008 | 11:45 AM
ronyd
Road Master

I was able to get the connectors from local HD stealer. Ordered the pins. should have them next week. I'll let everyone know if the part numbers supplied are correct. Cost was $19.00. Add resistors, maybe complete project for $21.00... not bad for home brew cables..

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test