Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008 | 04:14 PM
beerguytx
Cruiser
Default RE: RE:IED'S

Cruiser, you got me mixed up with kdietz but you are correct, something isn't right because they did nothing to my bike.

Old 05-19-2008 | 04:31 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

So after 40 pages we have scientifically concluded that the XIED either works or it doesn't.

Old 05-19-2008 | 04:42 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jimmers1817

So after 40 pages we have scientifically concluded that the XIED either works or it doesn't.
THE XIED positively works. Being that construction of it and installation require the human element results in the occasional error that prevents it from doing its job. There's no doubt when it works by the common wow factor as to the results it produces. Unfortunately some bikes have pre existing problems that cause them to run erradic. Air leaks in the manifold or exhaust, air leaks in the O2 sensor (not tight enough), broken wires, and a host of other problems that pre existed before even buying the XIED.

As seen in the 40 plus pages, when all systems are go and the unit is plugged in the results are spectacular.

Just a very Happy Customer

Dave

Old 05-19-2008 | 05:29 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: beerguytx

Cruiser, you got me mixed up with kdietz but you are correct, something isn't right because they did nothing to my bike.
Sorry about that

Old 05-19-2008 | 06:42 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master

ORIGINAL: diebolt

kdietz & beerguytx,

Does the bike seem to run cooler?

Take the bike out on a long run (in the heat) on the open road and stop and go traffic.

Remove the XiED's and go on same run and see if you notice any difference.

Hey! Nice ride. Just so happens, it is just like mine. '08, same color, same everything except the flag and I should have one. I never want to touch it again, its just right. V&H true duals, V&H Fuelpak, Rush with 2" baffles, and of course XIEDs. Life if Goooooooooooood!
Jim

Old 05-19-2008 | 06:57 PM
diebolt
Cruiser

Thanks, Noble Jim,

Life is good

I have a larger flag in the front yard

I never was in the Service but have the upmost respect for those that have and Ilove this country.

Old 05-19-2008 | 07:52 PM
orgtech
Stage II

I have a stock 08 SE Ultra which really pumps out the heat. I tried the IED's and noticed a difference in power and coolness. Then I tried the XIED's. They are great. The bike is much cooler and really has low end power. Pulls out of 6th easily below 2K rpm. It even idles smoother. I have heat shields on the bike and see a 50 degree hotter head in the rear.

I bought a big sucker and fuel pack to put on, but now I'll probably sell them and just put a K&N in the stock air box at some point. Real happy with the current performance. I am in the Atlanta area and got stuck in traffic when it was over 80 out and the heat was bearable. Got 45 MPG on my first tank full. I'd like to get a dyno run some time to see how it looks.

Bruce

Old 05-19-2008 | 08:21 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master

ORIGINAL: diebolt

Thanks, Noble Jim,

Life is good

I have a larger flag in the front yard

I never was in the Service but have the upmost respect for those that have and Ilove this country.
Something about those who love our flag. I fly one out front, marched under one for two years during the mid-sixties.
Good to hear from you, Jim

Old 05-19-2008 | 09:44 PM
steelryder
Stage I

To all,

I've had my 07' Road Couch since August of 06'. I rode it from Albuquerque, NM up to Cripple Creek, CO and back; then from Albuquerque, NM to Eureka, CA and back.In the past year I have moved to Southern Georgia, and haverode all over the east coast. I have been on bikes in some form or fashion sinceI was twelve, about 26 yrs. The point in all of this is,the 07'Road King I now own, was the first bike out of the box I didn't modify before riding all over god's creation. An even longer story short, after attending Daytona Bike Week and Leesburg, FL bikefest, I knew I needed to be louder, cooler temp wise, and enriched. My first addition was a set of BobVicR hand modified stock pipes, awesome sound and flow $89.00 (he'son ebay, andfrom Michigan I believe).Totally unlocked the bike's potential. I then took a look a Nightrider.com as a trusted source of info I have often referred to in the past for tuning, and some how or another stumbled across this thread. Upon reading the 39 pages of info you boys have put together, I must say my hat is off to you, I immediately purchased a set of the XIEDs, knowing is what I wanted and needed instead of some high dollar computer. I chose to use my military discount and the price was very pleasing (as were the slip-ons, see above). I ordered the XIEDs last week and took my final ride without them Saturday. Thebike ran great and I took note of everything I could, that you guys have already tested and/or noted. With higher flow out I did notice a slight rise in temp but without the required gauge I used my calibrated thighs to tellme it was elevated. Theairbox is stock and will most likely remain that way. Today arrived the magical devices fromStephen Mullen. I would like to tell you the installation took five minutes, but it didn't, infact it took longer to find a replacement ziptie in my toolbox! The first thing I noticed, was I could cruise the neighborhood and not look like a rookie with the bike surging in the lowergears at 20 mph. The exhaust note rumbled instead of sounding rice-ish from beingleaned out.When I finally jumped on to my favorite country highway to unleash the ponies, all I can say is, oh my, those 96 cubes have finallyawoke! From first to second the bike literally jumped as if the front wheel was to come off the ground! The overall responsiveness was exceptional when biting into theonset of each gear. Some may say the differences are subtle, but when you are in tune with your machine those differences speak loudly. I have always felt there is artexisting withscience, and while the days of tuning carburetors drifts into the history books, it is still good to know that man can still be smarter than something he creates, or at least smarter than the EPA wants you to be. Thank you for all your efforts, and if in some small measure I can contribute please let me know.

Proud new member of XIED club,

Knothole, American Steel MC

Old 05-19-2008 | 10:36 PM
heywood727
Road Master

You just did!

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test