Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008 | 01:19 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Default RE: RE:IED'S

OK 100 degree weather here today and a 30 min. highway ride saw my oil temp up around 240-245 my head temp with a digital thermo was 291 rear and 271 front .... this is with XIED and a stock 08 110. I bought a heavy breather and will try that out next. Then I am trying to decide between rush or or supertrapp SE....would really like to hear them both first but..... I am a little worried that I will be leaning things out too much again, but I guess I will do the mods test take data and see...!

Old 05-16-2008 | 06:00 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain

Mine is still lean since adding the XIEDs and I run the Stock A/C and I am at sea level.But the XIEDs are better than the IEDs on my bike. Doc

Old 05-16-2008 | 07:06 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HDDOC

Mine is still lean since adding the XIEDs and I run the Stock A/C and I am at sea level.But the XIEDs are better than the IEDs on my bike. Doc
HdDOC I am running the 3 inch internal disc slipons as well but with no discs and stock headpipes with crossover (like the sound better without discs),and big sucker air cleaner, I have had the xieds on for about 500 miles now ,I also get a bit of popping but the bike seems to run good and the plugs look good ,the insulater has a slight hint of tan and the ground strap has black carbon half way up it from the threads which is suppose to be a sign of a good burn,seems to get better gas mileage, not much maybe 5 miles to a tank better than without xieds ,it all seems good except for the rear glowing head pipe when riding at night this one thing doesn't seem right to me and I was hoping that this device would cure it because my last fuel management device did the same,I did a search on glowing head pipes and it seems that I am not the only one with the problem(if it is a problem at all) on the newer baggers ,harley says it is normal ,was thinking it may be more of a problem with the stock cams having no duration (overlap)and not so much a fuel management issue,other than that I am happy with the purchase of the xieds easy to install and easy to take off if there is a need for warranty work ,bike runs and sounds great can't ask for a whole lot more for a hundred bucks and thats Canadian money.

Old 05-16-2008 | 07:49 AM
grape ape
Tourer
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Anacra -- I received mine within a week. I think it all depends on whether he has them in stock or not.

Old 05-16-2008 | 09:00 AM
Anacra
Novice

Thanks Grape Ape

Old 05-16-2008 | 12:14 PM
RenoGlide
Tourer

This is an excellent thread & I thank everyone that has provided input. Ive read most all of it, but didnt see the following question answered....
If I mssed something, sorry !

07 RK, Ness ac, Supertrapp SEs, V&H Fuelpak .... plans are to install a basic HD 103BB w/ 255 cams, no head work. Bolt in & go
V&H has a program for it but with the Fuelpak, sometimes its Hit or Miss on a real good set-up

Since it will be a 103, would installing the XIEDs w/ the V&H program be worth the time?.. or a waste of money
or... Would the XIEDs alone w/ the stock ECM , 103BB kit & no Fuelpak do it as needed.

ie: Can the XIEDs be used in place of a Fuelpak on a 103BB kit

Thanks in advance

Jim
www.FastAire.com

Old 05-16-2008 | 12:57 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Jim, I'd be guesssing if I said just try the XIED's first. You can always add the fuel pack if needed. Being your setup is not typically stock I would refer you to Steve to ask him for his opinion.

Dave

Old 05-16-2008 | 01:05 PM
aldo1952
3rd Gear

Just a 2 week update, My stock 07 ULTRA preformance has been AWSOME! Power increase at lower RPM's is great. 55mph in sixth gear strong plus open up throttle and she takes off without downshifting! Xieds doing everything there supposed to do. Never thought I'd say this but, Xieds are the MAGIC PILL!

Old 05-16-2008 | 02:28 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

Another happy customer...

Old 05-16-2008 | 02:32 PM
diebolt
Cruiser

Add me to that list plus 5 others I have sent to Nightrider.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test