Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008 | 01:58 PM
pmfh
3rd Gear
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Thanks, I was hoping you'd say that!

Old 05-12-2008 | 03:26 PM
SteveXL
Advanced
Default RE: RE:IED'S

I just ordered a K&N RK-3909 from AutoZone and a set of Vance & Hines Basic Slip-Ons from M&M Cycles. What I am wondering is what the actual (approximate) AFR is for a setup similar to this with the XiED's installed using a Data Analyzer connected to some Wideband O2 Sensors. Has anyone checked this?

Thanks

Old 05-12-2008 | 03:41 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Andy (Rider57) would be the one to ask about your K&N RK3909.

Old 05-12-2008 | 03:55 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: SteveXL

I just ordered a K&N RK-3909 from AutoZone and a set of Vance & Hines Basic Slip-Ons from M&M Cycles. What I am wondering is what the actual (approximate) AFR is for a setup similar to this with the XiED's installed using a Data Analyzer connected to some Wideband O2 Sensors. Has anyone checked this?

Thanks
You should be ok but, why WBO2 and XiED's? AFR should be around 13.5:1

Old 05-12-2008 | 05:53 PM
SteveXL
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Rider57

ORIGINAL: SteveXL

Thanks
You should be ok but, why WBO2 and XiED's? AFR should be around 13.5:1
Well I think I contradicted myself asking about using WB O2's to measure the AFR. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-12-2008 | 06:42 PM
Finally
Stage I

I've been keeping up with this thread from day one and I want to share my experience. I've got an 08 Ultra with 6000 miles and have run the IED's for most of those miles. During that time I ran the stock airbox and filter and SE slipons (80491-07). It completely changed the bike and I could not have been happier. About a month ago I decided to try the XIED's. Imediately I could tell the bike was running richer. Any slight popping on deceleration was gone, the temps were slightly cooler by the IR gun, but for my setup it seemed to be richer than what the bike wanted. It lost some of its snap and seemed to labor a bit more while cruising. So I tried the K&N replacement filter (HD-1508) and there was a substantial improvement. Roll on throttle is stronger than ever before but the initial snap and crispness is not as good as with the stock filter and IED's. Another interesting point is that at max throttle in 5th for passing, the bike pulls harder with the stock air filter. Must be because in open loop mode I'm not adding any more gas with all the extra air the K&N is flowing. But as is for my setup, I am most happy with the stock airbox and filter, IED's and SE slipons. A friend has a PC111 for sale-maybe I'll do some more experimenting...

Old 05-12-2008 | 09:08 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I ordered my XIEDs on Thrursday night and recieved them in the mail on Monday. All the way from Florida to North Idaho. Unbelievable service in my book. And we are finally going to have riding weather this weekend. I am really looking forward to trying them out.

Old 05-12-2008 | 09:26 PM
05LowRider
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: heywood727

05 LowRider:

Nice bike....NICE PIPES...lol

Are you running TD's ,slip-on's, or cross over? You've got to be real careful if they're the True Duels. Those pipes are a different animal when it comes to getting the AFR right. It's already cost Bub $127 for a heat shield.

The biggest kicker is how the bike feels when you take them off. I didn't like it very much.

Thanks. Running the true duals. I remember reading about your ordeal. I've been crossing fingers, rubbing lucky rabbits foot, and whatever else I can think of to ward off the evil heat shield demons!

Ain't it the truth about going backwards! My experience, not so much with bikes, with cars has always been if I didn't feel like a mod had netted much if any gain in performance. Stay with it for a week or two and then go back to the previous setup. This nearly always revealed a gain. For some reason it just seems more obvious going backwards when it's a moddest gain, at least to me anyway. Wonder if I need my butt dyno recalibrated?[8D]

Old 05-12-2008 | 09:50 PM
heywood727
Road Master

05LowRider:

I think you'll be just fine and not have to worry about the heat score demon with the XIED's.

Old 05-13-2008 | 01:31 AM
zoopman
Road Master

Just ordered the Xied's for my 07 FXD with 2.25 rush--big sucker a/c--fuelpak and no hd download. As heywood said--the fuelpak does not cover the closed loop mode but does cover the open loop mode. I will add the Xied's to the bike along with the fuelpakto cover the closed loop mode and give you a report. I really appreciate all the info from you guys!

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test