Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008 | 10:55 AM
BCguy
Road Captain
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Yeah wmw, please just say whatever is on your mind in language we can all understand! Something about the IED/XIED devices is obviously bugging you and so you are making cryptic comments about them. Just spit it out and let us all in on whatever it is you have to say.

Bye the way, I have the IED's installed and the RG seems to be running pretty good.

Old 05-09-2008 | 12:43 PM
heywood727
Road Master

OK wmw.....why don't you go get a set , diesect them and then write a paper on how the system works. If you have a different idea and have some earth shattering theories on how this all works...spit it out.

Tell us how it works in your eyes. How are our thoughts wrong about how the Delphi system works and what is your background is?? Electrical?? Mechancal?? Seems I've asked this before?

If you don't think they work....cool, don't buy them. If you think we're wrong... tell us how and why.

Other than that, I'm done. I dying to hear how it works. Enlighten us. If not, thanks for stopping by. "Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya."

Old 05-09-2008 | 12:59 PM
jerryh57
Tourer

I have been reading the posts here and was wondering if anyone had put these on a sporty?? I got the xied's for my 07 sporty and installed them. Immediately got a check engine lite. I went back to how I had them installed, Hooked up to the wire off o2 sensor and to the one where the other end was plugged into. Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Old 05-09-2008 | 02:41 PM
cspcrx
Tourer

Dont let him, WMW, get to you guys. In looking at his posts hes adding explaining nothing but trying to cast doubt. Hes a kid with a bottle of lighter fluid. Until he provides more answers then BS I vote he goes away. I like my IED's been on my 07FXST for about 200 miles with no problems and bike runs better. Best few bucks Ive spent.

Old 05-09-2008 | 03:14 PM
heywood727
Road Master

I'm not letting him get to me. I've asked him the same question before and instead of an answer, we get more questions. He had his chance so I'll just ignore him or block him.

Anyone who's checked his posts, can see it. We were answering his questions, but it got to be like a dog chasing it's tail.

Old 05-09-2008 | 04:06 PM
Metalgear454
Intermediate

I am ready to order the Xied's I am wondering if anyone knows if Steve has any newer designs about to be released or upgraded versions on the horizon? I know that some of you had to buy twice.
Also, has there been many occurences where '07 or '08's have thrown codes?
Thanks

Old 05-09-2008 | 05:48 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Titan08

I have a 2007 Fat Boy and am running a swet of Vance and Hines big shots staggered, High Flow air cleaner (pretty sure its an arlen ness big sucker) and I have the HD stage 1 download on my ECM. Im just curious as to wether the XIED's will work with my set up.
THANKS!
The XIED's will work very nicely with your Bike.

Old 05-09-2008 | 09:20 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Anybody know the flow rate or if there is a difference from K&N and big sucker and the SE Heavy Breather??? I think I would really like the look on my bike and I know k&N does not make one for my bike yet not sure about Ness....?? Thanks!

Old 05-09-2008 | 10:56 PM
Donny
Road Captain

I have a question that has been going through my mind the last few days. I have a basic idea of how the O2 sensors and ECM works,but what I want to know is, if the IED drops the voltage down so the ECM thinks it's lean and adds more fuel, won't the o2s recognize a richer mixture and start raising the voltage more? I would think it would eventually cancel out the effectiveness of the IEDs ormax out the range of the O2s.
And on the XIEDs,could they be forcing the ECM into open loop or something, making it think it's not warmed up yet? I know that almost everone who tested them had great results, I just can't get these questions out of my head. I'm definatelygoing to try them, though!

Old 05-09-2008 | 11:18 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser

I ordered the XIED's today and hoping they will be in before next Friday. I have the new Screaming Eagle slipons and I want something with more rumble. Any ideals? Should I add the K&N also? Help me spend my stimulus check!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test