Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008 | 05:03 PM
deergrizzly
Cruiser
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

do you guys still get popping at decel with this set up

Old 05-04-2008 | 05:27 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

If the popping is due to a lean condition, then the answer is no more popping after installing the IED/XIED.

Old 05-04-2008 | 05:32 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master

heywood wrote: 32 pages and 99.9% positive feed back can't be wrong.

I guess I’m the 00.1% negative feedback that you are talking about. Actually, it’s not so much negative feedback but for my configuration, (stock air filter and SE slip ons) the IEDs are a better choice than the XIEDs. I tried the XIEDs again yesterday and after the ride the oil temp was 220 deg. I put the IEDs back on this morning and under similar conditions except two up this time the oil temp was 210 deg. Both seem to perform about the same, but the IEDs seem to run cooler.

Old 05-04-2008 | 05:45 PM
deergrizzly
Cruiser

Ok I have an o8 fatbob,SE heavy breather,big radius 2-1, download, TV 11 fuel man,
At throttle and let of almost backfire, very white plugs? will these help problem?

Old 05-04-2008 | 06:39 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Gundog,

At the very least the XIED should run as cool as the IED. The fact that your seeing higher temps, and no other beneficial signs like greater acceleration, or throttle response is a pretty good indication that something isn't right.

The fact that you can run the IED's and see improvements would be a good indication that your Bike is running OK. Which leaves us with a possible problem with the set of XIED's you have. Give Steve a call and tell him what's going on.

727-420-0896

Old 05-04-2008 | 06:48 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

DeerGrizzly,

I had a TVII before I got into this whole IED thing. The Bike seemed to run better, definitely better fuel mileage, but I still felt my engine was running too hot. I bought an infrared thermometer and measured the cylinder head temps on a day that was around 60 degrees. The rear cylinder was running 350 degrees. The Tech at TVII felt my Bike was running too hot and asked me to send him pictures of my plugs. They were as you describe, very white. He told me to send the unit back. In the meantime I got and installed a pair of IED's. Ran the Bike on a similar day of around 60 degrees and measured the my temps again duplicating everything exactly as before. This time my rear cylinder meausred only 250 degrees. The Bike aside form running cooler, had better throttle response and acceleration. I never put the TVII back on the Bike.

I'm now running the XIED's with K&N RK3909 AC, Rush Slip Ons with 2 inch baffles. The Bike has never run better. Better throttle response, much better acceleration, and a much cooler engine. I love the way the Bike runs now.

All this for only $109. XIED's, best bang for the Buck$$$

Old 05-04-2008 | 07:11 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Gundog
I guess I’m the 00.1% negative feedback that you are talking about.
Actually I wasn't Dave. It was thinking HOGBOB. BTW.. how does it run without the IED's. Any difference?

deergrizzly
OK I have an o8 fat bob,SE heavy breather,big radius 2-1, download, TV 11 fuel man,
At throttle and let of almost backfire, very white plugs? will these help problem?
You should check cruisers past posts about the TVII's. He had a bit of trouble with them. The TV is suppose to be a adaptive fuel management device from what I understand. How many miles have you got on it so far?

According from Steve at Nightrider, he's told me that they will work with almost any fuel management system than incorporates the 02 sensors. If you have a chance, try the XIED's without the TV II. Then try it with it. You might have a faulty TV II for all you know.

I know it kind of sucks with most of us that have put out all kinds of money on different things to make our bikes run better. Trust me, I'm as guilty as everyone else. No one likes to hear that the good money that they've paid out for something that has very little impact in how well their bike runs. I know I've got a sick feeling in mygut about the $273 that I put out for a V&H FP.You must feel the same with the $650 for the TV. It nice that these IED's/XIED's will work with what you have.

It almost sounds like you have a bad unit if you have enough miles on it that it should have learned you bikes system by now. Try the XIED's without the TV in the system and come back and let us know what you come up with. As for popping on decl. You should go over your whole exhaust system as well. Check for and loose bolts or clamps. This will also cause popping.

If your not happy with the XIED's, (which I doubt), you shouldn't have any trouble with finding someone to take them off your hands. To me, it was the best,cheapinvestment I've made for my bike. No pop, cooler, smoother throttle , and it makes 6th gear so much moreuseable to ride itat 60 mph @ 2000 rpm forfuel mileage.

Old 05-05-2008 | 05:50 AM
jerryh57
Tourer

I was leaning towards the Fuel Pak until I came across this thread. I ordered my xied's last monday and the price then was 103.99 shipped. Not bad, but the bad thing about this thread is that it has created such a huge interest in this product, that Steve told me they about a week behind in orders LOL. Have Python 3's on, and just waiting for the xied's to install them and see about A/C system. I refer anyone in the sporty forum to this one if they asking about stage 1"s downloads ECT. You guys have been extremly hekpfull and deserve a big High 5.

Old 05-05-2008 | 02:06 PM
FlatDF
Tourer

Hey guys - just got my XiED's Saturday, slapped em in (took all of 5 minutes), and put on an arlen ness a/c. The weather was pretty crummy all weekend around here, but I got about 20 miles in yesterday, and there has been a definite improvement - much better throttle response and general improvement in 'rideability;' the most dramatic improvement is in the higher gears at low RPM - where I would have had to downshift before, now I can just roll on the throttle and be off. Rush 2" Slipons are delivered today/waiting for me at home - can't wait to slap em in after work!

Definitely recommend the XiED's - if you're like me and don't plan on any serious engine modification for a few thousand miles, do yourself a favor and save $500 on a tuner and dyno time.

Old 05-05-2008 | 02:48 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Another Happy Customer...welcome to the XIED Club.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test