Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008 | 04:48 PM
hdblk2003
Cruiser
Default RE: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test

Hey for a wedding present my fiannce is buying me a 2008 ultra,the 105 annnv model. I told her lets go with slipons and the xied and a zippers a/c.... But no she ahd to listen to the salesman and get the zippers a/c ,slipons and the sert....I am very grateful that she wants to this but I am trying to save her some money How can i talk some sense into her or should I just go with the flow?????? jay ps i sold my 2004 fxdl last oct... I got hit twice last year.

Old 04-29-2008 | 04:52 PM
jeffrey98837
Cruiser

I would just tell her that if you can't have the XIED's you don't even want the bike.

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:02 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: hdblk2003

Hey for a wedding present my fiannce is buying me a 2008 ultra,the 105 annnv model. I told her lets go with slipons and the xied and a zippers a/c.... But no she ahd to listen to the salesman and get the zippers a/c ,slipons and the sert....I am very grateful that she wants to this but I am trying to save her some money How can i talk some sense into her or should I just go with the flow?????? jay ps i sold my 2004 fxdl last oct... I got hit twice last year.
Dont fight it, go with the flow like the rest dead married fish.
SERT is ok, but learn it well before you use it.
Then get the XiED's and tell her in will make her ride more enjoyable! (LESS HEAT on her feet)
If she says no, tell her to get lost and give me her phone number!!! LOL

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:17 PM
cruiser85257
|
Road Master

Hdblk, that is one good women you have there to buy you such a fine gift.

You don't want to hurt her feelings, but at the same time you want the XIED's cause it will make the Bike run great without the hassle of a dyno tune. Several options come to mind.

1. Meet with the salesman alone and tell him you don't want the SERT. Simplest way out of having to debate with the man is to tell him someone else is giving you a SERT for a present. End of discussion as far as he is concerned.

Being this woman is your fiance and one day your wife, the last thing you want to do is to lie to her. Get your Fiance involved in the forum, and show her the long thread of results posted by the many who love the XIED's. Explain to her that the sales people are programmed to sell HD accessories. The Sert is a fine device, but over kill for what your needs are.

The Delphi system your Bike comes with is a fine system. It just needs help in the closed loop area because of EPA settings the MoCo had to implement at the factory. You can restore the way Delphi intended your system to run with just the XIED's.

More money doesn't always mean better.

If nothing else works, lie your *** off and put the XIED's on the Bike as she will never know the difference.

Good Luck with your new Bike and future to be wife.

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:46 PM
RaisenCain
Stage IV

The forum was recommended to me so here i am.
After reading this thing, i am going to place an order and from the looks of it, wait for them to show.

I have a 08 Road King that was tuned up by the guy that told me to visit here.

I have been through the ringer with the dealer in this area and they may have the GOLD BAR award, it should have been the GOLD Brick.

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:50 PM
Rider57
Road Captain

Welcome aboard RasienCain.
If you are who I think you are, hows the RK running?

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:51 PM
RaisenCain
Stage IV

runs great. this andy?

Old 04-29-2008 | 06:18 PM
hdblk2003
Cruiser

So can run the sert and the xieds? If so i will run both.The salesman at the dealer is a good guy.He knows that she really want the ultra.I like the plain road king but the 105 ultra with the abs standard is a sweet ride.The tuner at the shop worked for s&s in wisc for 18 years before moving back to Chicago.He wanted to know if you could run both sert and xied. If so he wants to dyno the bike without the xied and with to see what the numbers are.That shouldbe intresting.

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:00 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

OK, I've been reading these posts for some time now, but you guys are killing me. IED's, and XIED's are not tuners. They are very limited devices.All they do is enrichen the AFR in closed loop. A SERT and other tuners will do everything that these devices do plus a whole lot more.(timeing, open loop AFR etc.)The people wondering about running IED's with a sert really crack me up. Why don't you add a Fuel Pack and Thundermax to your IED's and SERT also. For chrisssake, think about what your saying. Lets notuse the SERT to its full potential, and add on something else that can do what the SERT can do. That makes less than no sense. Do I think these IED's are good products? Yes. In fact, I've recommended them to a friend with a new Road King. The reason being, he will not be modifying his scooterbeyond slipons and air cleaner. He is not interseted in anything more than a cooler better running bike. For this, the XIED's sound like just the ticket. For someone who may want some head work and cams down the road, your throwing your money away on IED's. Get yourself a system that you can grow with. Again, a SERT will do anything that IED's or XIED's will do now, and will allow you to make an unlimited amount of changes in the future, should you want to. Like I said, IED's and XIED's sound like fine products, and should appeal to a lot of folks, but they are not the end all be all that a few people keep preaching.

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:19 PM
zzmellio
Tourer

HOGBOB

I totally agree with you. The problem I have here in my neck of the woods is the lack of availability to find a tuner that will take the time to give my bike the TLC I think it deserves on the dyno.Im tired of throwing money totuners only to find that they modified a stock map in about 10min plus keep my bike for 3 days,just to get $250 and send me on my way. If I can get a good mix of air and gas, cool the motor down then I will be happy and I will keep my PCIII for when I get some bucks together when I do pistons and cams. I know ther is more to it than just adjusting AFR, timing is a big factor as well.I have place my order for the XIED's and I will see how they do. Im sure they will work as advertised, I will ride and be happier until I can get pistons, head work and cams.

Quick Reply: Nightrider O2 IED's - Field Test