Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Where to install a PCIII on Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Where to install a PCIII on Street Bob?

MY bike has sat in the ran at work and on rides and I have also rode it in the rain multiple times and no problems have arisen with mine.

Also when I said mine was under the seat it is not laying flat on top of the wiring under there. It is tucked in sideways where if you want to get it out you have to reach in and pull it out. I don't know if that makes any sense or not but I'll try and get a few pictures up maybe tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
flh91
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dennis, everyone,
I ended up installing it, the new Big radius pipes, and the Ness bug Sucker air cleaner during the tornados here in TN. Dennis, were you spared from the storms? They did miss us but I know they were over in the East Tipton area.
Anyway, what a bitch!!! I got it in there and it fits. I'm probably going to go in there again and try to clean it up more. It seems like it was just a get it in there and smash everything together. I have the PCIII below the OEM ECM and the big **** plugs sitting on top of everything. I also plugged the USB cable up and ran it tothe side where the large plug plugs into the bike. That way it will be easier to tune with a computer and I won't have to disassemble everything to work on the tune. The Fuel Moto Map seems to be working great! We put almost 800 miles on this week in between tornados and it ran great, no popping, smooth throttle, good mileage, great power.
Thanks again!

Wife's bike
'08 Street Bob
V&H big radius true duals
Arlen Nes Big Sucker air breather
Grim Reaper paint set #4 0f 200
Progessive shocks, lowered

My bike
'07 Street Glide
Rush Slip ons
Yep, thats about it, her bike is cooler then mine. But when she's happy, I'm happy! And yes, I'm all smiles

Old 02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
dg7080
Cruiser

flh91, glad you got it done! I knew you could get it on there, it was just a matter of sitn down and dealing with it... and it sounds like your first mapping is a good one too. I had to adjust mine just a bit to get rid of some popping on the decel.

As for the storms, we were lucky, only had a few limbs down and a neighbor lost a pretty good size patch of shingles. It looks like we missed one of the tornados by only about 1.5 miles as it passed off to our SE. We acutally live right on the T-county line in Shelby.

see ya!
Dennis

Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Good to hear you got it in and working. I had to adjust my map from Fuel moto a little also to get rid of some decel popping. Had to add 25 to the 0 throttle position from 1500rpm - redline.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 AM
socalmoe
Tourer

Check the touring section, some one just posted step by step instructions. I will doing this soon so I subscribed to it.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:56 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed mine with some 2 sided tape to the fusebox cover. sandwiched between the primary and the cover. makes it easier to plug in the cable to change your maps around if you like to fiddle with your settings too.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:04 AM
scottharstad
Intermediate

Did any of you have trouble with your blinkers after installing your PCIII? After the install the blinkers don't automatically shut off anymore. Not that it is a big deal to turn them off manually. I was just asking. Thanks

scott

Old 04-14-2008, 11:17 AM
flh91
6th Gear

Hi Dennis, you still monitoring this post? I need some help before the Posse Ride. The wife's bike is now stuttering badly. She has to be doing at least 75 before she can even think about hitting 6th gear. It seems like the bike is bogging down. Is it possible that the PCIII lost its map? I did disconnect the battery to install new heated gear on the bike. I don't have a laptop, another member from the club has offered help but he doesn't have a PCIII and I know you play with these thingsalot. Any help??
Dave

Old 04-14-2008, 02:16 PM
dg7080
Cruiser

Dave,
I'll be glad to help if I can... I'm no PCIII expert, but I have played around with mine a good bit in the past. I've got my laptop setup and good to go, so give me a call and we'll see what we can work out. 387-9365 ~ Dennis

Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put mine under the seat. That's not where they tell you to install it in the directions but after some finagaling, it fit perfect under the seat. This is installed in the the FXDI but I assume the street bob seat and frame are about the same.

Quick Reply: Where to install a PCIII on Street Bob?